Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Urbandy's End Of Summer Mashup


This mixtape/mashup was created by musician/artist/mashup master Andy Stewart, otherwise known as the one & only Urbandy ... it's quite an intense end-of-summer-rollercoaster-ride experience, so get ready! I really dig the cover he made for it, too (note: above photo)
Thanks, Andy!

HERE it be for thee

****************************************

So Art Walk is all said and done and to be quite frank, I'm truly relieved and glad it's behind me! I did okay at it, but the threat of rain, etc. combined with the fact that I had just hung the "Ghosts & Hybrids" show the weekend before just wore (and stressed) me out a wee bit ... phew ...

The good part was that I got to catch up with Jess Marie, who was also showing in the same space (at Jason Wallis' photography studio) and I got to hang out with Walker ...

Also, I finally was able to spend some quality time with Josh and really get to know him ... sigh ... words can't describe how happy I am in regards to that

****************************************

In softball news, the Bearons got rained out of our double-header last week, so we'll have to make it up later in October (extended Fall season!!!) ... we have a double-header tonite, too and I can only tightly cross my fingers that these don't get rained out as well ... I'm ready to play ball!

Below is basically a big video round-up ... This week I just kept finding videos that either made huge impressions on me, left me in fits of laughter, or just out-right amazed (or some cases even scared) me:

1. Dama sent me this and it could almost serve as a sequel to
"The Whistles Go Whoo!" ... Thanks, Dama!

2. The new video by Grizzly Bear ... both the song and visuals are amazing:

3. The new video by Air ... similar sentiments ...
a lot of this reminds me of "Yellow Submarine":


4. The new Fever Ray video ... this one sort of gives me nightmares, but I still heart it:





5. This is just brilliant ... it really kicks in at 1:06 minutes:

6.This is a commercial that my friends Michael, Mike & Adam (Vacant Manifesto) did for a local restaurant here in town called Rojo ... they were given 2 weeks and no budget ... witness the hilarious results (click HERE to view it without the frame being cut off):

7. I saved the best for last ... Peter's girlfriend Christine sent him this and it's simply wonderful to behold ... thanks, Christine!








1 comment: