Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Satellite Mix



This mixtape might just be perfect for:

A. Hiking up a mountain in bedroom slippers
B. Sipping chocolate syrup from a champagne glass
C. Telling last night's dream to a total stranger
D. Not being able to make up your mind
E. Buying something you've never bought before at the grocery store



I had fun making this mix. I dunno why I chose the theme of "satellites", but in doing so, I felt like the mix should somehow play out as if a satellite is randomly picking up signals, and different sounds and music are fading in and out as the satellite moves along ...

So there's a theme, and yet there's not one ... or maybe I should say that the theme is about not having a theme? Haha ...



have a listen and you'll understand what I mean!
As always,
ENJOY!!!!






You may download the mix HERE.





********************************************************************************************** 





Whahooo!!!
Ghost Box Music's "Radio Belbury" has a brand new program out ... and it's a terrific one!


Double whahooo!
Animal Collective have a brand new single out! 
Yes! 





Look what Ryan & I witnessed the other day in Hoover ...
The best double rainbow ever!








**********************************************************************************************








>>>>>>>>>VIDEOS are NOW<<<<<<<<<







Micachu & the Shapes (one of my very favorite bands) has a new album coming out in July ...
Here's a taste of it!




 Wow ... This new Black Dice one is nice n craaaazy ...




Speaking of craaaazy, Chris Stewart sent this'n called "Syncbody" and it's pretty nutso, in a cyber-possessed-Barbie sort of way ... Cheers, Chris!



Speaking of nutso, a new one from Xiu Xiu !!! Mmm mmmm ...




I can't quite make out what's actually going on in this Lower Dens video ... but I dig it

 


John Wendel sent me this truly wonderful thingy featuring the poetry of the legendary Richard Brautigan ... Thanks, John!!!








Care for some ticklishly sweet dessert ???






1st up, Elise posted this one called "Autotune Sweet Brown" and it is sooooo good! I can't stop watching it! Gracias, E!!!











And Ryan sent me this VHS awesoemness called "Waka Waka" ... Danke, R!!!




And finally, Caroline McClean sent me this hilariously ridiculous clip entitled
"51 Christian Friendly Phrasess For Penis" ...
My favorite? DNA Rifle ... haha ...Merci, Caroline!!! 























No comments:

Post a Comment