Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Multiverse Mix




I've said this many times before about mixtapes, but I had a TON of fun creating this one!

Part of it was knowing that so much of it consists of brand new songs by bands I either already love, or brand new songs by bands I've just recently discovered. Another part of it was also NOT knowing exactly where I was going with the mix ... and not exactly caring either (which is kind of a rare thing for me cuz I usually put a TON of time and careful, nerdy thought into the order and sequence of the songs)!


So because I was unfamiliar with each song, I couldn't really completely predict whether or not the order and sequence would really sound "right" or "flow" the way I'd want it to ... but, listening back ... it DOES ... and that in itself is pretty joyous to me because it sort of off-handedly encourages me to rely on and trust in my instincts, which I feel like I should do more often!


So what does the title have to do with anything?! The title of the mix comes from the recent idea and theory that our universe is not alone ... Sarah Harrell recently posted this rather mind-blowing link about something called a "multiverse" (THANKS, Sarah!) ... You can read the article right HERE.


and here is a video of one Brian Greene explaining the theory





Anyway, the entire "multiverse" concept excites me because it feels like a bit of a landmark in our mental evolution ... once we thought the world was flat ... and once we thought that the Earth was the center of the universe ... and once we thought that our galaxy was the only galaxy ... etc and so on ... But now we are edging towards the idea that everything goes SO far past what we originally imagined ... Who knows what we'll find out next?!!!


So anyway,  to tie all of this in with the mixtape, I delighted in not only shoving together a huge collection of new songs, but also in not knowing exactly what I was doing or how I was doing it ... The process felt similar to expanding my perception regarding my idea of the universe, OUR universe, and suddenly realizing that there is SO much more that we have yet to learn ... and also being thrilled at our attempts to fathom the mystery of what we are and what is all around us!



So, on that note (haha) here it is ... the Multiverse Mix!
ENJOY!!!




You may download the mix RIGHT HERE!





 **********************************************************************************************







>>>>RANDOM NEWS<<<<<







1st up, let me get up on my environmental soapbox and ask you (if you live in Alabama) to please PLEASE sign this petition to stop fracking in our national forests! This is IMPORTANT! Go HERE to sign it! Thank you.



THIS  is an article about how fracking has created horrible waste water in the Dakotas. We must learn from our mistakes, people!



And on a lighter, more positive environmental note, dig how this 12 year old Missouri boy started his own recycling business! That's the ticket! Read all about it HERE.







 **********************************************************************************************







 >>>>>>>VIDEOS ARE NOW<<<<<<<








1st up, I just wanted to post this video by Wild Nothing because roughly, 2 years ago I was soooo mesmerized by this song ... and I still am, really! So good!





Speaking of so good, here's a new lo-fi sci fi video by Grass Widow ... YES!



That last video was directed by one Hannah Lew.
Here's a great short film she did called "Ghostyards"





Hey look! A new Beach House video, chock-full of alternate realities!



It's The Drums ... LIVE!!!



It's Danny Brown ... as a little kid!




A new beautiful song with a new beautiful video by Sigur Ros








>>>Tons of dessert coming yer way!<<<






Michael McFarland posted this one called "Mister Rogers Remixed" ... haha ... Thanks, Michael!




Brian Teasley posted (gracias!) this bit of retro weirdness called Teach In The Robot



And here's one of my favorite moments from The Office ... Dwight's wig! haha





Patrick Riley posted this rather spooky take on Mrs. Doubtfire ... Danke, Patrick!






Seth Persons posted this next one about something called the Screambody ... WTF?!!!
Merci, Seth!




My niece, Catherine Ardizone posted this one entitled Fat Girl SingingFalling Off Table...charming! Thanks for the laughs,  Catherine!



And finally, Elise sent me this Pakistani gem called "Hitler's Deadly SS Fashion Squad" about Hitler's Pakistani gangsta son ... haha!  Cheers, E!!!



































No comments:

Post a Comment