Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Africaine Musique Mix





I've been collecting African music for some time now and my very favorite stuff is the Ethio-Jazz and Psych-Funk from the late 1960's - the early 1970's ...


My very favorite musician from this scene is Mulatu Astatke ... I wanted to put more of his incredible sounds on here, but I'm pretty sure I wanna later do a "focal point" on him, so I just included 2 of my favorites of his...


I'm also just a big fan of minimal African percussive stuff, so I threw a good deal of that to spice up the mix, too ...



And ... here it is ... just a taste of those oh so groovy vintage African sounds I've been enjoying ... And as always, I hope you enjoy em too!






You may download the African vibes HERE.

The tracklist is RIGHT HERE.



And just for good measure, here is a classic Mulatu Astatke video










 **********************************************************************************************







>>>>RANDOM NEWS<<<<<






One of my oldest and dearest friends, Pascal recently married his girlfriend, Fay ...
CONGRATULATIONS!!!




About a week ago, Peter, Delia and I went down to Dauphin Island for Pascal and Fay's wedding party ... It was a ton of fun and an extremely memorable weekend! ... Here's a sort of spooky looking polaroid of the bunch of us (with Lauren on the tamborine!) after a long night of music and merriment!





Also, this past weekend was Art Walk, which was a ton of exhaustive fun! haha ... Weld For Birmingham magazine graciously hosted me and it was such actually one of the best Art Walks I've ever had ... Thanks, Weld!



Check out the nice in-depth interview they did with me RIGHT HERE.









 **********************************************************************************************









 >>>>>>>VIDEOS ARE NOW<<<<<<<









1st up ... Wow!!! A Flying Lotus short film!




This new Future Islands video has very awesome transitions ...








A very beautiful new Mount Eerie video




King Khan leads an absurd aerobics class in this 'un by Moon Duo








Hurrah it's a collab between Julia Holter and Nite Jewel!






Here's a great blast from the past with Rocket From The Crypt







>>>>>DESSERT!!!<<<<<








Speaking of Rocker From The Crypt, they recently reformed and played onYo Gabba Gabb!






The dancing in this St. Vincent and David Byrne video makes me laugh!





This ridiculous Bradford Cox interview makes me laugh harder!



Woah! The (super) untold story of Mario Bros! Haha ...


































No comments:

Post a Comment