Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Karenmix




This is a bonafide "back in the day" mixtape (ripped from a cassette) that my wonderful friend, Karen Haggerty created for me.


 It always makes me think of this time of year, and it's full of some truly great underground '80's sounds ... sounds that molded and shaped my taste in music. 


Karen now lives miles and miles away in California, but listening to this brings me right back to some rainy September afternoon, warm and dry, listening to records in her bedroom while sipping tea and planning our futures.


As always

*** ENJOY ***









You can download the mix and track list RIGHT HERE.













0.


1stly, what do ya know?! It's the new Psychic Tuesday episode!
ENJOY!!!







1.

Not really "news", but here is David Sylvian's sentimental song,  "September" since it is indeed that month!





 2.


Elise posted this excellent, yet pretty depressing short film called "I Forgot My Phone" ... How telling it is.



 


3.

Self plug!

I'll have a ton of new paintings at Birmingham Artwalk THIS WEEKEND!
Come see me at the Weld for Birmingham office on 1st Ave. North!


Also, pieces from my "Impaired Visions" show will be on display at the Vestavia Library In The Forest's children's departmant during the month of September! Run over there and check em out!















1stly, here's a  slow-motion dancer's delight with Fuck Buttons






Ryan sent this very nice Grimes interviewing Kathleen Hannah video ... Cheers, R!





The past seems to collide with the future in this new one from Gem Trails





Ryan also sent this great studio visit video with the incredible artist, Heather Benjamin ... Muchos gracias, R!





VHS meets some ridiculous rapping in this Young Braised clip





Speaking of ridiculous rapping, it's craaaazy Danny Brown!





Dig the relaxing summer sounds of Johnny Hawaii














Haha! I think I would faint if this Japanese dinosaur prank was pulled on me!

1.




2.











































1 comment:

  1. congratulations guys, quality information you have given!!! visit here

    ReplyDelete