Tuesday, September 2, 2014

30 Minute Mix W




Sometimes limitation can be a means of focus. I had this in mind when I started making these brief mixtapes. Having such a limited amount of time to fill can sometimes result magically in unexpected themes, unintentional synchronicity, all sorts of things.

So instead of making large, sprawling mixes, I started making a series of these 30 minute mixes, which are basically short but enticing bursts of audible energy.


A couple of weeks ago, I spotlighted some great vintage Cambodian rock music. This week I'm doing the same with some wonderful Korean psych-rock musicians from the 1960's and 70's. Thank you, John Wendel for introducing me to the sounds of Shin Joong Hyun and incidentally unearthing an entire world of fantastic music for me!


As always,

*** ENJOY ***









To download mix W, just go RIGHT HERE!





















































No comments:

Post a Comment