Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Jimmy Good Trade




"We make good trade!" That's what Jimmy Griffin and I always say as we bump elbows before I exit Renaissance Records, where Jimmy is most happily employed. 

For a few years now, Jimmy (a local treasure of a guy) and I have been trading music every time I drop by Renaissance. What I trade him has always been  a 'variation on a theme ' : different episodes of Bob Dylan's excellent "Theme Time Radio Hour" show. What Jimmy's traded me has been a growing collection of eclectic gems ... and the best part is that I never know what kind of gem I'm gonna get! Sometimes it may be a rare Jazz concert, sometimes a collection of Haitian field recordings, sometimes a compilation of early Reggae!

This playlist is a Jimmy Good Trade sampler of sorts. It's an exciting listen, too because you literally have no idea what may playing next! It'll take you around the world and at times, even far away from the world and into higher planes!

Here's to you, Jimmy ...

We really do make good trade!






















































No comments:

Post a Comment