Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Walking To Abandoned Houses Mix

This mixtape will be perfect for:

A. going on a walk, day or night
B. driving somewhere, anywhere
C. spending time with a pet
D. exploring abandoned places
E. adventures in the woods

You can download it right HERE.

Basically, this time change thing is messing me up...
I had a long list of things to do, but instead me & Brianna
spent the entire day taking a long long walk through the
woods next to the Cahaba River and then exploring a small
neighborhood of abandoned houses, which was amazingly fun
and creepy all at the same time! Brianna took most of the photos
below, but I took some ... we decided that going to sacred / secret
places in the woods, etc is kind of like our version of going to
church, cuz it felt so "special" and "holy" in a way ... what's funny
is that the trail we were walking on ended by this enormous hill and just over that hill was some big expensive church ... uncanny ...

Later at Bottletree, I saw part of a Charlie Chaplin film 
and it showed him wandering around in a field 
and then the text read:

His church, the sky
His altar, the landscape

and i thought "Exactly!" haha ...

In highschool, my dearest friend and sister (even to this day!) 
Elise and I would go on long walks after school and have awesome 
adventures very much like the ones Brianna have been going on 
recently ... and so I'd like to dedicate the above mix to both of them 
for sharing such glowing experiences with me.

****************************************************************


 HERE is the 1st installment of my Mystery Records mixes ... if a thriftstore has vinyl, I usually search through it and the records I buy end up in the "thriftstore section" of my record shelf ...these particular records I don't listen to very often (they are a bit like the vinyl version of the Island Of Misfit Toys), so making these mixes not only gives me a chance to randomly select and explore my purchases, it makes these old rejected records feel loved and wanted!





No comments:

Post a Comment