Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Crixmix!



This mixtape will be perfect for =


A. feeling festive

B. wrapping gifts, opening gifts

C. preparing xmas dinner

D. driving to be with yer family or friends





Tis the season! Download some instant yuletide spirit right HERE !!!

ENJOY!!!






*******************************************************************************************






So today is the 1st day of Winter ... and it's not only a full moon, but a total lunar eclipse occurred too, all on the same day, which hasn't happened since 1638 ... WOW!!! and Xmas is now only FOUR days away! I finally got all my shopping done ... And I dunno why, but this year I've really been "in the spirit" and getting excited about Decemeber 25th, playing Xmas music practically every day and all that ... haha ... Also, my dear long distance friend, Karen Haggerty's birthday lands on that date ... so I hereby dedicate the above mix to her ... Happy birthday, Karen!





Speaking of being excited, Colm recently posted a great wintertime link (cheers!) ... Concerning it, he says =

"I agree with this entire list" :


Things I Love About Winter







And speaking of yuletide, Peter and I have a craaaazy Xmas album out on End Up Records called "Hairy Crimmah On Ice!"and it's FREEEEEEE (for a limited time only!)...





And while we're still thinking of holiday cheer, RYAN & I were thriftstore shopping last weekend when I chanced upon amazing and cheesy record entitled "Disco Noel" ... HERE's a sample of how wholesome it turned out to be!






Also, did you hear about our fair city (Birmingham)'s downtown Christmas tree being burned down by copper thieves?!! Unbelievable!!!





As previously reported, I visited Ryan in Montgomery and as always, it was a wonderful experience ... I can't wait to give him his presents! =








Speaking of presence ( ! ) ... Fred & Daily made their's quite known at Bottletree's 4th annual Holiday Show ...

We got all spiffied up for the occasion! haha =




Witness our creeeeepy performance =






Did you notice how those scary ass trolls removed us from the stage? Well that was the Xmas Troll Band and they did a bunch of death metal holiday hits ...


Peter took this great photo of their sweet faces =






The Elves removed the Trolls and blasted everyone in sight with the white-hot power of Xmas :












*******************************************************************************************






VIDEO TIME !!! VIDEO TIME !!!
PLAY THEM ALL DAMNED DAY!!!





Well,I have a bunch of seaonal videos to show you, but first ...





This new one by Broken Social Scene gets nice n tenderrrr at the middle /end ... yeee haaaw!!!




Gotta love Flying Lotus ... more please =




I so dig Destroyer ... and he has a new album ("Kaputt") coming out in 2011!!! Here's a few songs from it live =




Here's Crystal Stilts on Tunnelvision ... I dunn why, but the lead singer creeps me out =




I had no idea that Kathleen Hanna was such a stand-up comedian ... this rules =




Here's a strange new one from Grinderman =




Justin sent this to me (thanks bub!) saying :"damn, this one's intense.... and loud. likee."
I replied with : "pure charisma" ... I only wish i could go back in time and see Howlin' Wolf live ... damn =




Buddy Simon sent me this awesome Comic Strip Presents clip, "Eat The Rich", which is funny as hell (cheers!) =




John Wendel sent me a video of my favorite poet, Carl Sandburg on a game show (gracias!) ... I love how silly he acts in this! haha =



And Ryan sent me this spastically intense one ... love it!!! =







It's now time for some delicious Xmastime dessert! =


Chris Stewart sent me a virtual onslaught of whacky, zany and ridiculous holiday cheer! Thanks,Chris!!!

A.


B.


C.


D.


E.


F.


G.



Here's some pretty hilarious buffoonery from SCTV =




C.
A classic oldschool yuletide hit =




D.
Merrilee posted this beautiful sprinkling of historical tinsel ... cheers Merr! =





******************************MERRY XMAS EVERYBODY!!!******************************





















No comments:

Post a Comment