Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Total Xmas Hits Cassette


This mixtape will be perfect for =

A. Getting excited about getting & giving presents
B. Decorating yer tree and house
C. Driving around on very chilly days
D. Gazing at brightly-colored lights
E. Kicking back with a big glass of egg nog



So I made a rather moody "Cold Weather Mix" with the suggestive help of many of my amazing friends on facebook, but I decided that with the days getting so frightfully cold that a little "holiday cheer" was immediately necessary to postpone any early wintertime gloom that sometimes tends to sneak into all of our heads and hearts with a healthy dose of blazing yuletide spirit!!!



This particular Xmas mix was actually many moons ago and it's one of the very 1st official Christmas mixtapes I've ever made ... on an actual real live cassette tape! haha ... So it has that nice oldschool feel to it ... tape hiss and all ... I could have just "recompiled" it again with the mp3s of each track, but I found that ripping the original cassette just felt somehow "nostalgically warmer" and more endearing ...




And it's COLD out there ... so here's some toasty holiday bliss = TIS THE SEASON TO GET DOWN !!! Enjoy!






***************************************************************************






What a jam-packed weekend this was! Weeeeee!!!



The Holiday Craft Bazaar began Friday night and I spent what seemed like all day setting up in the Lake Building in Avondale (Coby & Cindy's place = I'm designing the logo and labels for their new beer company, Avondale Brewing Company) ... here's some of the stuff I did for it =








So the bazaar started at 5pm and it was a pretty low turn out that nite, mainly cuz Barehands were sadly having their very last art opening ever also ... I did make a few sales, though ...




Later that same nite was the Bottletree Midnight Sushi show, which was wild and wonderful and incredibly packed =






The sake was overflowing and the sushi was plentiful ... Ferocious Bubbles played 1st and they were pretty damned awesome =



My band, Nowhere Squares followed and it was a truly fun show ... somebody even gave me a big garbage bag of glow sticks to throw out to folks ... haha =

(photo by Gina Killingsworth)





I didn't get to bed til like 4 something and had to be back at the bazaar at 10am ... yikes! Luckily I only drank 3 beers and stayed away from the sake, so I felt pretty decent Saturday, which yielded yet another slow customer turn-out ... this time due to the Auburn game on TV and some extremely gloomy and grey "sleep-in" weather ...



I did manage to make some good sales (especially on Sunday) and traded some of my pieces for some great scarves by fellow artist Obie Travels and for some awesome shirts with David & Hayley, who had their Mayfield Vintage stuff set up right next to mine =



Hayley n David

David took this -un of yers truly





We also played many a hilarious round of Mad Libs and later my sweet man, RYAN drove up from Montgomery to visit which totally made my day ... I'm so glad I got to spend some time with him!




We dropped by Brian & Merrilee's place and watched a series of INSANE youtube videos (I included a bunch down below) ... they let us borrow their copy of Harmony Korine's absolutely bizarre movie, "Trash Humpers" ...



We watched it later that night and there really are no words to describe how enjoyably whacked-out it is ...



Here's the trailer, which pretty much says it all =











***************************************************************************






HELLO! AND WELCOME TO THE WEIRD-ASS VIDEO SHOW!!!





1st up, Justin posted this grrrreat drunk Santa video ... but before we get to that, I wanted to copy and paste what he wrote recently on facebook, which is pure gold:

‎"Brian Teasley 's 'catwoman post' reminds me of the fact that, when we were young boys, in the yard, pretending to be superheroes, it wasnt unusual for one us to be wonderwoman. it wasn't even weird. you had bracelets that deflected bullets."


Wow ... that rules so hard!


And now, Justin's Drunk Santa video (thanks!) =





My god ... I'm gonna spread these next few out (place them between other videos) ...

Ryan found a series of reeeally fucked up animation test videos by someone called Wendy ... again, pure gold (this goes for the music as well!) ...

Wendy 1 =



Whoopeee! My favorite band of the year, Candy Claws finally put out a video for their incredible dream pop album, "Hidden Lands" ... and I love it ...

Dig it ... "The Breathing Fire" =




Ryan likes this Wendy video the best ...

Wendy 2 =



Again, whooopeeeee!!! A video from another of my favorites from 2010, Tame Impala!!! Here here! =




Ryan digs the crazy hair in this one and I like how her lower body moves like a can full of Coke ...

Wendy 3 =



Chris Stewart posted this one (cheers!) and it simply makes me happy =


This is my personal favorite of the Wendy videos that Ryan sent me ... I love both the soundtrack and the expanding fur and everything else, really ... acid anyone?

Wendy 4 =



This 'un by Frankie Rose And The Outs is just beautiful =




And on a final Wendy note, Ryan sent me a "personal message" from the "creator and genius" behind it all ...

Wendy 5 =









HEY!!! It's dessert time!!! Remember I said that Ryan and I had gone to Brian and Merrilee's and watched a slew of really mental youtube videos? Well here are 2 of em ...




Merrilee showed us this funny yet disturbing one of a "German Rod Stewart" getting a mic accidentally shoved down his throat ... yikers! =




Brian showed us this psycho one where a crazed husband suddenly starts slapping his wife in mid-dance! haha =




Matt Goodin sent this hilarious News piece to Ryan on facebook (thanks, Matt!) =




Next, David Swatzell posted this terrible than terrible Pink Floyd cover video (thanky!) ... My brother said it made him feel violent & he wanted to throw one of those pumpkins at the singer ... haha! =




And last but not least, Pascal sent me this bit of intense feline drama (cheers!) =



















No comments:

Post a Comment