Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jess Marie's Old Spotted Blue cassette side A



This mixtape was created many moons ago by one of my greatest friends, Miss Jess Marie Walker ... She is not only a talented artist, she's also a very wonderful teacher and mother ... Jess also co-owns (with Patrick & Tanya Mayton) the Stranded Art Co-op in Montevallo, AL ...


This is truly a one-of-a-kind compilation, ripped from a genuine audio cassette ... One thing that I really appreciate about it is how very Southern the majority of it is, which is perfect for the warm weather we're about to experience here in Alabama this coming week!


And even though Jess Marie made this tape for me quite some time ago (it really reminds me of when I used to live in Montevallo), I've found myself digging it out every couple months or so to give it another listen while I'm painting or writing or just plain old goin about my business! I find it somehow extremely playable ... thanks, Jess!


I'm only posting Side A this time so anyone listening can fully take all 45 minutes of it in without losing any momentum ... haha


Here's the track list =




And here is Side A =





And if'n ya wanna download it ... you can surely do so RIGHT HERE.





***********************************************************************




OK, 1st things 1st ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Psychic Tuesday!


As of today, this blog is officially TWO whole years old! Crazy, huh?!
Last year I celebrated the 1st birthday by making a 2 part "recap" mix, but this year I'm celebrating with something a little different ...



May I present to you ... Psychic Tuesday, the "solo music project"! haha





Ta-da! I've been working on this for actually quite some time, but now it is finally ready to unveil! The 1st thing I'm releasing (on End Up Records) is a single called "Burst Apart" from an EP I did called "Eternal Ice Cream" that's coming out Tuesday, March 22nd (the start of Spring!) ...



You can see all the details and listen to it RIGHT HERE! Hope ya like it!



Here's photographer Jonathan Purvis' 1st edit of the song's music video =










***********************************************************************





In art news, the Shelby County Reporter did a rather nice article about Jesse Cunningham and I's current art exhibit at Montevallo's Parnell Memorial Library ... (the show will stay up til March 11th, so if yer in the area, swing by and have a look!) ...


dig it =









***********************************************************************




In random, unrelated news, I'm still pretty infatuated with the enticing sounds of the Ghost Box Music record label, so after checking their blog recently I discovered that they have Programme 2 of their very entertaining Radio Belbury show up ... enjoy! =







Also, Elise sent me a link to something beautiful and inspiring ... Irina Werning's "Back To The Future" photography project. WOW ... Thanks, Elise!





***********************************************************************




Ready for a slew of videos?




I wanna dedicate these 3 really great new ones by P.J. Harvey to my brother Peter, simply because he loves her so much (These were all directed by the amazing photographer Seamus Murphy) =

1



2


3



Here's a new one from Small Black =



And speaking of black, dig this one by Blouse called "Into Black" =



I really dig the ambient sounds of Tim Hecker ... this video's great cuz it's like a moving version of the cover to his new album, "Ravedeath 1972" =




A new one from Gary Wilson ... weird & whacky as ever =




Elise sent me this 'un for Valentine's day ... Thanks!!! =




And coincidentally, Hayley Grimes posted this on facebook the same week! pretty psychic, huh?! =







Now for a smidgen 0f dessert ...




I love this ... Ryan posted it (cheers!) and it just rules! =




Weston posted this Playmobil stop motion Joy Division tidbit (gracias!) =




And I stole this little piece of awesomeness from the Deerhunter blog =




Ryan & I couldn't stop watching this "Sunny D & Rum" video that Dustin Timbrook posted this past week (danke!) ... the 2nd one (remix) is the really good one =

1


2



And finally, Bob English sent me this funny ass Apocalypse Meow" video ... thanks, Bob!!! =
















No comments:

Post a Comment