Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Red Mix



This mixtape will be perfect for:

A. Wearing something red
B. Eating something red
C. Turning red
D. Feeling red
E. Painting red

I always color in my calendar squares (with a crayon) ... a different color each month ... and since today is the 1st day of February and I always color February's squares in red ... ta da!

ENJOY!



And if you want, you can download the Red Mix right HERE.







****************************************************************************






1st of all, let me send my condolences to my good friend Keith Goodwin, who had to bid farewell to his truly unique and amazing dog Wedge this past week ... R.I.P.





Also this past week, Charlie Louvin of the Louvin Brothers passed away ...




At Bottletree I have a siamese twin painting of the Louvin Brothers and before now, Charlie's death was left blank =




R.I.P. =





Also R.I.P. John Barry, well-known film score and soundtrack composer, best known for his work on the James Bonds movies =










****************************************************************************





So the reception and "gallery talk" for mine and Jesse Cunningham's art show at Parnell Memorial Library in Montevallo, AL was this past Sunday and it went really well ... Jesse did his talk and then it was my turn ... I'd never officially given a talk about my art, so it felt both awkward and surreal, but at the same time thrilling and exciting ... I read 5 poems at the end, which was part I really enjoyed about the whole thing ... I'm pretty sure the folks listening enjoyed it as well, too! Also, Ryan was able to be there, too which really made me happy!




Here are some kind words that Sandy Swindle wrote about the event =

"I found both Jesse and Paul to be refreshing and unique – both humble and genuine artists who are willing to share their story and encourage others in their own artistic endeavors. They are simply who they are – talented artists who continue their own journey of art exploration and ideas.

Jesse’s distinctive sculpture ranging from small vases to his large sculptured heads and other pieces invite the viewer to want to touch each piece, to feel the form of it, to understand how it was made, and to savor its beauty.

Paul’s vibrant colors and interesting ideas on his recycled canvases of found objects draw the gallery guest in to ponder and take in all that is there. Such color, design, and texture cannot help but leave an impression and the feeling that life is rich and meaningful and that truly there are so many ideas to be shared with our world community."



Here's me and Sandy =








****************************************************************************






TIME FOR A TON of GREAT VIDEOS!!!






This 1st one's for Ryan ... He likes this song and it always makes me think of him =




Speaking of Ryan, he sent me this (thanks!) and I think it's pretty damned mind-blowing! =




I've been on an Ornette Coleman kick lately ... Here's a short clip from a movie I'd like to one day see in it's entirety =




This next one is from Laura Ledbetter via her friend Holly and I really dig it thanks!!! =



An awesome new one from Sic Alps =




And some great new stuff from Memory Tapes as well =




Keith Goodwin posted this one (cheers!) recently by Cows ... I dig the drawn-on mustaches! =




David Faust posted this (danke!) ... incredible! =



Chris Stewart posted this on facebook and it made me laugh (thanky) :
"This song is dedicated to Ingram, who has less hair on his tail than he used to after getting a little too close to the heater. Way to go, Dingus." =







It's now time for some hilarious desserts!



Ryan sent me a load of great edible stuff this week ... Gracias!

1st we have some homemade bread =




Then we have a couple of tasty (not!) strange addictions =
1.


2.


3.



Matt Goodin posted this pretty funny video of a slowly dying Abe Lincoln robot ... haha (thanks!) =




Then we have Paul Reubens and some extremely talented babies =



And finally, Joshua Shoemaker (cheers) posted this hopeful message from "Sadie" =
























No comments:

Post a Comment