Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pineapple Upside-Down Mix




This mixtape will be perfect for:

A. goofing off
B. being spontaneous
C. having breakfast for dinner
D. changing your daily routine
E. surprising yourself


This past week I found myself getting pretty stressed out (mainly because the Magic City Art Connection festival is looming ahead : April 29th - 31st and I've been painting, painting, PAINTING, getting ready for that), so I decided to just sort of screw around with this week's mix and sort of treat it like a great big mixing bowl, randomly throwing all kinds of whimsical and carefree into the "batter" ... It ended up being rather therapeutic and I'm pretty happy with the resulting unpredictable and sorta whacky "Pineapple Upside-Down" mix ...


And here it is, for all your destressing, taking-a-break pleasure!


ENJOY =





Did ya like it?
Well you can download it right HERE.




******************************************************************************





Ever been to the ACME building in Northside, Birmingham?





Well there's a new art space opening up there THIS FRIDAY, April 22nd and I'm part of a group show that night, curated by my friend (and fellow Bearon), photographer Wes Frazer ... Come out and support! Here's a list of all the artists included =

ashley vaske
daisy winfrey
merrilee challis
pat snow
kara hall
paul cordes wilm
wes frazer
tasha mccrory
byron sonnier
jonathan purvis
john lytle wilson
caroline sokol
amy pleasant
hayley grimes
bonard hughins
scotty lee





******************************************************************************





And the next day, me & Ryan will also be participating in this =







So COME OUT and sift though our ultra cheap junk! haha




And that NIGHT, Saturday April 23, my band Nowhere Squares will be performing with the ever-amazing Overnight Lows and Los Buddies at Sneaky Beans in Jackson, MS ... If yer in the area, hang out with us and get yerself ROCKED!



And TONITE, my softball team, the Bad News Bearons will be playin at George Ward Park, Field 3 at 6:30PM ...



Come see us in our hot fresh new jerseys, created by my friend and fellow artist Jacob Middlebrooks =








Speaking of Bearon's, my fellow team mate, Lisa has a rathe awesome blog for her amazing quilts ... Check it out HERE!






******************************************************************************




****************Get ready for a ton of videos****************




1st of all, THIS just rules ... I highly recommend you find some 3D glasses ... YES!




2nd of all,I dedicate this great Kurt Vile number to the one & only RYAN =



3rdly, I love this Twin Shadow video =




4. El Guincho brilliance =




No. 5 : A long, tall video from Mane Mane =




6. Laura introduced me to The Vacant Lots (thanks!) and they are quite rad =




SEVEN : Jonathan Purvis posted this great bit (gracias) about an incredible cat house =




8. Eric McGinty posted (danke) this and I find it amazing and yet somehow disturbing =




Number 9 ... A whole slew of "Sunset Television" episodes, just because ....=













HEY! It's time to enjoy some dessert!



Elise sent me this stomach-turning bit of bizarreness ... thanks! =




UGH! Ryan sent me this ... as if it could get any worse!!! haha =




Ryan also sent me this delicious clip ... maybe one day he'll get me one of these ... along with a hunting knife! =




Brian Rich posted this classic catastrophe of a video ... cheers! =




Yikes! Kick out the jams, mother fucker? =




And finally, Greg Lowry sent me this great video of "The Mighty Boosh" comedian Noel Fielding imitating the following Kate Bush video ... thanks, Greg! =


A. Kate



B. Noel


















No comments:

Post a Comment