Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Transition Mix



I'll flat out admit it: I am not very good with transitions ... I wish I could just snap my fingers and have everything changed and be instantly accustomed to it ... but Life doesn't run that way, now does it?! haha ...


Believe it or not, 2 weeks after living in this apartment on Southside, I'm ALREADY MOVING again!!!!! Ryan and I decided that it made more sense to not only move in together (!!!) but that a cheap house instead of an apartment would make more sense because then I'd have more room to paint, which I'm already starting to miss ... (it's been only a month and a 1/2 since I've made art, which I thought would be a nice break, but now that I don't have a place to paint even if I wanted to, I REALLY miss it!!!) Plus, we'd have a washing machine and a rather nice jungle of a backyard to enjoy ... So ... Hurrah!


I knew this apartment I'm in now would be temporary, but not THIS temporary! Wow. These are craaazzzy times ... And I start working with kiddies again at the Birmingham Museum of Art's Art Camp this week, too ... When it rains, it pours!


So once again, all of my stuff is between 2 places (most of it at the new place) and I'm living out of boxes and sleeping on a mattress in the middle of an empty living room ... I was doing this roughly just 3 weeks ago ... There's not only a strange post-apocalyptic feeling to it all, but also some dejavu thown into the mix ... haha


Well, here it is folks ... the "Transition Mix" for yer chaotic pleasure and entertainment ... It starts out sort of solid. but gets crazier and ends up happily spinning out of control ... quite a wild ride ... almost like moving 2 times in a row!








Did you enjoy yourself? Well if so, you can download the mix right HERE





***************************************************************************





Here's a bit of photographic evidence of all this movingness =










Charley thinks I'm insane =










***************************************************************************



On a sad note, the great and marvelous Southern writer and teller of many a grand ghost story, Kathryn Tucker Windham (of Selma, Alabama) passed away this past Sunday at the age of 93. She will, without a doubt live on and on in her many wonderful books. R.I.P.





***************************************************************************





Get ready cuz this week I have a TON of VIDEOS to show ya!!!




Ryan sent this splendid b&w one by Dirty Beaches to me =



And here's a lovely one by The Caretake ... and an owl stars in it! =



Brand new Panda Bear goodness!!! =




I really dig this 'un by Coma Cinema =



This Cass McCombs video makes me wanna take a road trip =




A beautiful live performance by the Australian Guerre =



Thulebasen =



CHLLNGR =



Dining madness with Ford & Lopatin =



I know I've posted this John Maus one before, but I so love this song (and album!) =



Chris Stewart rencently posted this bit of wonderfulness (thanks!!!) =








Time for some smile/laughter inducing dessert!






1st up ... This is funny but scary: the original Ronald McDonald =




Ryan sent me this bizarro locally shot "Interplanetary" trailer =


Joshua Shoemaker posted this (cheers!) saying : "She should've called sears herself!" haha =




And Weston Flippo posted Oingo Boingo on "The Gong Show" (danke!) =




Haha ... Ryan sent me this ridiculous Rebecca Black shite! =




My nephew, Jesse Rodgers posted this crazy Russian forklift fail (gracias!) =




Ryan sent me this too ... a 9 year old boy dancing to "Vogue" ... yes! =


And finally, Elise sent me this insaaaaane online dating nugget ... wow! ha ha (Thanky, E!) =
























No comments:

Post a Comment