Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Charlie Smith's Mix It Up ^ vol. 5 Summer Jamz Mix



HAPPY 1st day of Summer!!!


This superbly seasonal mix was created for you by the incomparable Miss Charlene Smith, aka Charlie Girl ... and she says:


"This mix is about having a crush on someone and all of the excitement and butterflies that come along with it. Summer time is about sun, fun and friends. I think anyone will find it hard to listen to this mix and not experience the following feelings:

• toe-tapping
• high school crushes
• elation
• booty shaking
• hip swaying

This mix is also appropriate for the following settings:

• dancing alone in your room
• porch time (which may or may not include a hammock and a mojito)
• grillin' & chilln' -poolside edition
• summer drives with the windows down and radio up"


Awesomeness! You may recall Charlie's excellent Mix It Up ^ vol. 1 mixtape from waaaaay back in Jan. 2010 ... Well, here she is again with the perfect playlist for celebrating the season of the sun ...


What's more is that Charlie now has her own musical production company, Factory Touring and is going on tour starting TODAY w/ the amazing Nobunny (my band Nowhere Squares are opening up for him July 14th at the Bottletree!!!!!!)


Here's Charlie again to further explain her exciting new Life :

"Music is a very huge part of my life. It attaches itself to so many memories and is capable of creating so many new ones. On this Psychic Tuesday, I'm embarking on another journey across the country where I will briefly see many cities, lots of dirty rock clubs and plenty of road kill. I still hesitate when stating my current profession because it's kind insane to think of it as work. I make a (meager) living traveling the country and dancing with groups of sweaty strangers every night. I don't know how long it will last, but even once it ends I know I will always have the summer soundtracks to remind me of these times and find comfort knowing that these are days that I will never forget."


Here here!!!


And now my I proudly present Charlie Smith's Mix It Up ^ vol. 5 Summer Jamz Mix ...


EEEEENNNNJJJJJOOOOYYYYYY!!!!!!







Thanks, Charlie!
Good luck on the tour!

You can download the wholesome summery goodness RIGHT HERE.




*****************************************************************************




Check out this rather hilarious link posted by Chis Toro (cheers!) called DOs and DONTs.




*****************************************************************************




This week I started Arts Camp, working with a ton of wild and crazy little kids at the Birmingham Museum Art ... Witness the photographic evidence =













*****************************************************************************





and now ...


VVVIIIDDDDEEEOOOOTTTIIIIIIMMMMEEE!!!




1st up, Charlie Smith posted 4 great ones, stating :

"And now for some fun videos!"



1. Tandoori Knights - Bucketful (touring this fall!) =




2. Harry Nilsson - Let the good times roll =




3. Familjen - Det snurrar i min skalle =




4. Snoop Dog- Sensual Seduction =







Lance Hayes recently posted this classic by My Bloody Valentine ... thanks! =




This one by Is Tropical (dig that band name! haha) is amazing, but violent as Hell =



This one is for Ryan cuz he loves this song! =



David Faust posted this obscure Korean oldie by the Kim Sisters (gracias!) =




Here's some pure 1966 emotion from John's Children =




Harmony Korine would prolly love the disturbing old people in this Felix Cartal clip =



Belle and Sebastian show off their new occupations in this new one =







And now, a wee spot of dessert for you ...




Ryan sent this funny bit of kitteny silliness =




Ryan also sent me this rather bizarro one ... God help me if this ever happens to me ... haha =


Yikes! Emily Salinas posted this embarrassing karaoke treasure ... danke! =


















No comments:

Post a Comment