Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Laura's Warm House Mix

























This mixtape was created by a veteran Psychic Tuesday mixmaster, the ever-lovely Laura Ledbetter.


I was a bit surprised by this mix the 1st time I listened to it ... I didn't expect it to be quite so upbeat and downright danceable! To me, November usually feels like a time to be winding down, so it made me curious as what Laura might be thinking when she threw this excellent playlist together ... She replied, simply :

"It's just to help warm up your floors with some dancing when houses gets cold and dark during winter."


Ah ... message received and understood! What a terrific concept! Dancing away the oncoming gloom of winter and warming yourself up in the process! haha ...


Another thing I like and appreciate about this mix is that the majority of it is comprised of music from the last 2 years or so, but as a whole it already sounds like a classic ... The sounds are new, yet exciting and familiar, so (like a comfortable sweater) it's easy to just put it on over and over.

Thanks Laura!



So here it is ... The "Warm House" mix ... Get ready to shake those cold days away!




Wanna download the warmth? Well you can! RIGHT HERE!




*************************************************************************************






Hey! More music to liven up your November! The band Advisory Circle made a pretty splendid "Autumn Cycles" mix for your enjoyment! Check it =








*************************************************************************************




This past Thursday was Peter and I's birthday! It was a pretty brilliant one, full of fair rides and camp fires!


Look! Ryan even baked me a cake! =
























*************************************************************************************




I dunno if you know who Billy Childish is, but he's an extremely prolific and inspiring British musician, poet and painter. HERE is a great recent interview him regarding his new painted works.






*************************************************************************************






V*I*D*E*O ^^^^^ T*I*M*E




1st up, here's a lovely animation for Kate Bush's song "Wild Man" from her wonderful new album "5o Words For Snow" =




Wow ... This crazy Mister Heavenly video is full of anarchic merriment =




Milyn Satterfield posted this awesome Sister Rosetta Tharpe from the 60's ... cheers! =




Some laughablely original DJ shadow weirdness =




Speaking of weirdness, Sarah Harrell posted this classic Grace Jones clip ... thanks! =




Woah ... terrorism meets marriage ... What?! Los Campesinos! decided to combine the two =




Weston Flippo sent me me this slowed down Human League song ... Funny how incredibly Chillwave it sounds! Gracias, Weston! =




I recently chanced upon this 80's video (directed by the visual artist Robert Longo) that I hadn't seen in quite a while ... It's the obscure band The Golden Palominos with Michael Stipe doing guest vocals ... Yes! =








Dessert is now upon us




Jess Marie Walker sent me this ridiculous Harmony Korinesque video for my birthday ... haha! Danke, Jess! =





Speaking of my birthday, Jen Healy Bergeron sent me this hilarious one as a present ... thanky! =




And who wouldn't enjoy this cuddly Occult Snuggie?




A spectacular technical screw up! haha =




Ryan made me aware of this odd musical entity ... Everyone, meet Nervous Norvus =

1.


2.



And finally, my old pal, John Evans posted this laugh-out-loud collage of tragic Texas trash ... thanks, John! haha =






















No comments:

Post a Comment