Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Silent Majority Mixes 1 and 2














These mixtapes will be perfect for:

A. gazing
B. writing
C. reading
D. driving
E. chilling


Specifically though, this mixtape will hopefully be perfect in setting the mood for my upcoming art opening, which will be THIS COMING FRIDAY, March 9th! It was supposed to be LAST Friday night, but the weather here in Alabama got a little bit terrifying with threats of severe thunderstorms and tornadoes, so we were forced to postpone the opening reception a week.


HERE's the facbook invite.


Anyway, I wanted the mix to be calming and reflective, so I collected a bunch of early electronic stuff together (mostly German). I don't know why really, but I somehow think this will create the sort of atmosphere I want while looking at the particular paintings and video installations I made for the show ... I may even throw some Charlie Parker in at the last minute just to mix it up, who knows? ... haha


So here they are ... the twin Silent Majority mixes ... As always, E N J O Y ...








You can download both mixes HERE.


and


You can view the new postcard I made for the show below =

























*********************************************************************************************





Roy Burns posted this (thanks!) and it's just crazy. Some person called "ramjac" mixed every single Beatles song together, starting with the longest one and adding them together one at a time depending on their lengths ... it ends up sounding like a jet engine flying into oblivion!


Dig it, if you dare! =









*********************************************************************************************





VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS
VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS
VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS VIDEOS





1st up, my beloved Ryan sent me this totally great Orange Juice video from 1983 ... thanky! =




And Speaking of the 80's, Weston Flippo posted this one which includes every Smiths TV performance! YES!!! Cheers! =




Wow ... A new Gorillaz video that's pretty mind-blowing =




Look! A new Bear In Heaven video! *Warning ... epileptic seizures might happen while watching this one* =




This one goes out to Ryan ... it's Perfume Genius live =




And Elise sent me this brilliant and entertaining Miike Snow madness ... Danke, E!!! =




There's some mysterious voodoo stuff happening in this new one from Santigold =



And here's two videos from The Band In Heaven ... the 1st one is kinda scary =


The second one is ... well ... trippy =



And this incredibly great one is once again for Ryan, cuz he introduced me to Grimes and her music, which I can't get enough of now ... I indeed love this video! =







Dessert time is now ...




This 1st one is funny, it's so intensely bad and embarrassingly annoying ... Peter sent me this "Moonrise Kingdom" horror ... Get ready! =




My nephew, Jesse posted this next one ... Feast yer eyes upon the one and only Monster Bike ... haha! Gracias, Jesse! =




And finaly, here are 2 hilarious SNL clips ... The 1st one is from Ryan (thanks!) and the 2nd one simply cracks me up! haha =

1.


2.


































No comments:

Post a Comment