Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Eric Hoyt presents It's May And I Have Mixed Feelings



This excellent mixtape created by Eric Hoyt makes me think of the weather. It's a roller coaster of radically changing sounds and emotions. Also, 75% of this mix consists of music I've never heard, and that in itself makes it exciting and refreshing!

 I dig how moody the mix is. It shifts all around from sad to happy to in between and back again. It's perfectly unpredictable, just like the weather lately. 

Concerning the creation of the mix, Eric himself says: 

"A lot of stressful jag has happened to me in the last 6 months and it peaked in april/may. It drags down to sadville, but I believe the mix ends on a real hopeful note. I would elaborate more, but i feel like i'd sound like a goober. 

Eric Hoyt Philly, PA Line Cook and Kitten Lover" 

Thanks a billion, Eric! You're no goober! And I hope things start looking UP soon!!!

 As always, 

*** ENJOY ***




If you'd like to download the mix, you can RIGHT HERE.

The track list can be found HERE.








1. 

1st up is the trailer for an amazing documentary entitled "After The Dream" which was co-directed by my friend and fellow artist, John Fields ... Dig



 
2.

Below is an incredible new Adult Swim mixtape  called "Garage Swim". You can download it for free right HERE!






3.

For some reason, I am fascinated with abandoned houses and buildings. Check out THESE amazing photographs by Niki Feijen, They're all pictures of eerie abandoned farm houses (and other such places) ...











Ryan sent me this most excellent video of Tame Impala covering Outkast's "Prototype". Cheers, R!




And here is the Outkast original, which is equally entertaining!



Hey! Kurt Vile has a new (and very white, white and white) video!




Wow! Girls Names explore past lives (and fashion as well?) in this brand new one




My Birmingham pals, Wray have a hot fresh and wonderful video and it was directed by talented pal, Chris Stewart!




Haha!!! I so love this gif style Dan Deacon insanity!




Yikes ... A very disturbing, very unsexy and very NSFW Flaming Lips video ... You've been warned!











Haha!!! Two worlds collide! Scooby Doo meets (of all places!) ... Twin Peaks!

part 1



part 2



Ever wanted to know how to build a human? This is bizarre and makes me laugh with interest



And finally, speaking of laughing, it's Boy Serge! (the one and only Serge Gainsbourg impersonating Boy George!) Nightmares forever! haha






























No comments:

Post a Comment