Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Electric Whirlwind Mix

This mixtape will be perfect for:

A. on & off dancing in the privacy of your bedroom
B. getting a huge pile of random things done
C. driving around running errands
D. trying to meet deadlines and such
E. jogging on a windy day

You may now download it right HERE.

Speaking of whirlwinds, I feel like my Life has been in one lately thanks to the fact that Magic City Art Connection is right around the corner (April 24, 25 + 26 at Birmingham's Linn Park) and I've been getting 60 plus new paintings ready for it, on top of joining a really awesome co-ed softball team called (don't laugh!) the Bad-News Bearons (okay, you can) ... We've had 3 practices and one game (we lost 5-14 but hey it was our 1st game!) but so far it's been a ton of fun ... our 2nd game is tonight!

On the day of our 1st game, my friend Laura was in town visting from Washington, D.C. and we had a great time catching up, getting lost in Reed's Book Store & Museum of Memories, taking pictures (witness Laura's photographic evidence below!), dining at Makarios and searching for stripey softball socks at Romeo's sports outlet ... 

Speaking of Laura, she had the idea of me possibly bundling all of my mixes on here into affordable packages (which I may or may not have time to do!) to sell at MCAC, and with this in mind, I burned all of the mixes so far onto an mp3 disc and started listening to them in order as I painted and painted for the festival, and it's been quite an experience so far (especially since I hadn't listened back to any of them since I started making them!) ... in a way, it was a bit like reliving those days all over again, but very abstractly inside my head ... hard to explain ... ther's a sense of nostalgia and sentimentality involved, but not in the way normal memories happen ... more like listening to the soundtrack of a memory instead of watching the movie ... haha

While Laura was here, we listened to Wolf Parade's "At Mount Zoomer" album in her car and it turned out that she hadn't heard their 1st one, "Apologies To The Queen Mary", which is one of my all-time favorite albums ... so I agreed to make her a copy of it, but she ended up leaving before I had a chance to do so ... 

so to whet yer appetite, Laura, here's the music video to a song off the album ... hope you dig it:
 



*******************************************************************************

On another note, Elise's 9-year-old son Nolan sent me a list of spelling words he typed out on an old typewriter and for some reason I thought it'd be funny to make a song using the list as the lyrics:


HERE is the Spelling List Song!








1 comment:

  1. oh! look how nice they look all decked out on your blog. That was a good day, pa. Good video, too - Thanks for including it.

    Good luck with the Bearons tonight! Wear your lucky stripes (but if you lose again don't wear them next week. ha ha)

    ReplyDelete