Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Micachu's Filthy Friends Mix

This mixtape will be perfect for:

A. discovering 
B. exploring
C. laughing
D. hero-worshipping
E. escaping

you can download it right HERE.

My current favorite band is Micachu & The Shapes ... I was looking at her myspace page and happily discovered that she'd made a mixtape (called the Filthy Friends mixtape) ... so, being exhausted from a very successful weekend where I displayed and sold my paintings at the Magic City Art Connection festival, I decided to throw the ball into the East London court and expose folks to the sound scene that's going on over there ... This mixtape is unique in the fact that when you listen to it, you realize that many of the songs were written especially for it because the bands performing on it are all Micachu's friends (and sometimes Micachu herself)...

below is a video she did for an early version of the song "Ship" (here it's called "Attac") from the very-playable "Jewellery" album:









3 comments:

  1. I love Micachu & the Shapes. That album is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little kids coloring your pictures. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this. I enjoyed the album "Jewellry" and look forward to hearing more of Mika's mad creativity.

    ReplyDelete