Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Totally Random Mix 1

This mixtape will be perfect for:

A. doing anything random
B. driving to work, school or home
C. not being able to make up your mind
D. softball practice
E. wondering if it's gonna rain or not

HERE it is for you to download.

This has been a crazy week ... the combination of getting all of my paintings done for the Magic City Art Connection festival (this weekend! April 24th, 25th and 26th at Birmingham's Linn Park) and having softball practices and games has made me incredibly sore, but hey! it's so worth it ...

The idea behind this particular mix came to me while I was delivering Black and White magazines (I do this twice a month) ... I had my ipod on shuffle and it dawned on me that I was really enjoying the order of the songs and the song choices that were popping up on the ipod ... so I started jotting them down and basing this mix on the total and complete randomness of it all ... it gave the whole process a nice element of surprise and I enjoyed making it in a very different way than I usually enjoy making mixes ...

Speaking of this mix, the 1st song on it is performed by my new favorite band, Micachu & The Shapes ... I cannot stop playing they're amazing "Jewellery" album ... below is a video of their (very brief) song "Lips" from that album:


******************************************************

On a softball note, I composed a catchy themesong for our team (the Bad News Bearons) and at tonite's game, it'll be premiered ... hopefully it'll get the crowd going and some nice chanting will develop! This is a very simple version (there may be funny raps and shout-outs in it later!) but HERE it is, if yer interested.







No comments:

Post a Comment