Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dama's Whistles Go Whooo! Mix


This mixtape was created by the ever-wonderful Dama, who I believe is still enjoying her "teacher's summer" as we speak ... It seems that every time I see Dama, one of us is bound to shout out "the whistles go whooo!" ... so it would be only fitting for her mix to be titled so! In case you're not familiar with the age-old Youtube gem that inspired this phrase, i've included the video below to educate you! 

You can check out Dama's mix right HERE.

and below is a very inspiring educational video:





Speaking of Dama, when I was on the phone with her, talking about her mix and so on, she asked what I was doing ... and at the time I was driving my truck and hanging my camera out the window, randomly snapping photos around the city with the zoom all the way up (you can see some of the results down below) ...oddly and psychically enough, she had been doing the exact same thing earlier that morning ... weird, huh?

So I'm done with Arts Camp, which basically means I have my Life back ... for, even though it was fun and exciting, some kids can honestly drain every drop of energy out of you! I had a great weekend of karaoke and swimming, too ... It was Erin's birthday and she had a big karaoke bash at Bourbon Street, this crazy converted Pizza Hut bar in Crestline ... she and I did a pretty funny version of "Love Shack" and later, to issue in the 1st day of Summer, I performed "Blue Christmas" while everybody in the crowd helped with the "oo-oo-oo-oo-oo"s!

 The next day I ran into Theresa and Amos and hey asked me if I'd like to swim in a salt water pool where they were house-sitting ... it was a pretty amazing place and a very relaxing experience ... Daisy and Ann were there too ... it was a more than perfect way to spend the beginning of what is apparently going to be a very hot and sticky Summer...

Oh yeah, as promised ... HERE is the Bad News Bearons kazoo orchestra performing some tunes! Incidentally, we WON our last game!!! HURRAH!









1 comment:

  1. I wish you would set these up as a podcast so folks could just subscribe to them in iTunes. I've never done it, but it can't be that hard.

    ReplyDelete