Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Chris's Michael Jackson Is Dead Mix



This mix was created for you by the amazing artist, Chris Stewart ... You can check out his blog, which showcases much of his art right HERE.

And HERE is his rather awesome mixtape.

***************************************

Well, since Arts Camp came to an abrubt end, this past week for me has been this weird, abstract sort of timeless and very high-temperatured void ... No more did I have the rigid schedule of :

A. Wakey
B. Drive to museum
C. Class with kids
D. Snack
E. Class with kids
F. Lunch
G. Class with kids
H. Drive home
I. Pass out from exhaustion
J. Paint by night
K. Sleepy

So, in a way, I felt kind of disoriented with my own Life for a while ... The best part was that I had around 7 painting commissions that came up while I was working at camp, so this week gave me a chance to actually finish them all, as opposed to working on bits and pieces in small increments nocturnally ...

Also, in a way, I felt like I'd kind of missed out entirely on enjoying the month of June (save for the weekly Bad News Bearons games and afterparties ... we won our last 2 games!!! that's 3 wins altogether!!!) So, with that in mind, I'm glad i've gotten to visit the river at least twice lately ... once, with David and Hayley (which was crazy because recently the rednecks have also discovered it, so it was kind of like trying to find an uncrowded spot on the beach!) and then again at a very distant Montevallo spot with Brianna and her new boyfriend, Grant (this visit was photographed ... you can view some highlights below) ... We got lost while driving, trying to find the spot and ended up finding this really crazy medieval-looking castle in literally the middle of nowhere! Then, later while we were swimming, a looooong black snake decided to slither past our belongings! The only bad thing about the whole trip was that I was so excited about getting into the water that I forgot to take my phone out of my swimming trunks before jumping in ... ARGH! A pretty expensive mistake to make ... haha, but all-in-all it was very satisfying being able to finally splash around in the waters of our own beloved Cahaba...









No comments:

Post a Comment