Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Elise's Beaches On Foreign Lands Mix



This mixtape was created by my best friend, sister and amazing artist, Elise McClellan Lenard ... check out some of her creations on her "Junkamongus" Etsy page HERE. Elise not only provided the music but also all the lovely beach-type photos above & below! She'll actually be in town (visiting from Mobile) at the end of the month to deliver some craaaazy-good lamps she made to Naked Art Gallery where she exhibits locally. You can see some of her delightful puppets and more HERE.

HERE is her mix, for your relaxing summery listening pleasure.

*****************************************

I don't have much else to report, really ... it's been one of those slow, not-much-happening weeks, especially since everything softball is on hiatus ... I did get my window repaired and had a new car stereo and speakers installed, which hurt my pocketbook, but I'm veeeery happy to have music in the truck again!

I've lately been working on some experimental new paintings for a show I have opening Sept. 4th at Boutwell Studios here in town ... the show's called "Ghosts & Hybrids" and sort of mixes my painting style with my drawing style (if that makes any kind of sense!) ... I also have Artwalk coming up in September so August is gonna have to be official "Super Productive" month!

Also, later today I was wearing a Holy Fuck T-shirt when I walked into Crestwood Coffee and was told by an infuriated red-faced old man that
A. He did not like it at all
B. It's "in bad taste"
C. It's "OK to wear in your backyard, but not here"

I then posted the above paragraph as my facebook status and woke up from a nap to find that 34 comments had been posted about it, with mostly people arguing back & forth about the power of the freedom of speech! FYI, Holy Fuck is an awesome Canadian instrumental band ... my friend Matt is the drummer ... the shirt also sports a kitten wearing a cowboy hat and bandana ...

anyway, it's one of those shirts that one sometimes forgets might be offensive to others ... I explained it's a band to the old man, but we wasn't having any of it ... haha!









No comments:

Post a Comment