Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Laura's Plastic Desert Mix


This mixtape was created by the ever-lovely Laura Ledbetter! If you recall, Laura paid me a visit waaay back when the softball season was just starting and many of her pictures documenting the visit graced this blog ... well HERE is Laura's blog, Bits And Pieces, filled with many a beautiful photograph, amongst other curiosities and wonderments!

and now (drumroll, please) HERE is her rather incredible midsummery mix. I think this is the 24th mix I've posted, and if it is, it was she who made me realize that if I wanted to, I can now play a different mix on the hour for an entire 24 hour day ... haha!

I dedicate the below video to Laura for her birthday (which was yesterday!) ... I only wish that it did the song justice!


******************************************************

So ... both Art Walk and my show at Boutwell Studio ("Ghosts & Hybrids") are creeeeping up, so I've been pretty busy in the art room, on top of finishing (and starting!) a few commissioned paintings here and there ... a nice (and wonderful) break from all this work was when David and Hayley called me out of the blue and asked me if I wanted to go with them and Hayley's best friend, Katie to Little River Canyon, which is in Fort Payne, AL ... I said okay, and I'm so glad I did ... Little River Canyon is one of the most beautiful places to behold in Alabama ... it's probably the best and most relaxing swimming hole as well ... you can see the photographic evidence down below

Also, before I stop typing, there are two new music videos out that I think are pretty incredible by bands that I think are equally incredible ... the 1st is the new video by The Hidden Cameras for their new song "In The NA" ... you can watch it below:




The other one is YACHT's video for their new song "Psychic City (Voodoo City)" :











No comments:

Post a Comment