Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sunny Water Bill Mix

This mixtape will be perfect for:
A. a beach trip
B. a trip anywhere
C. escaping
D. jumping into a swimming pool or river
E. driving on a hot summer day

HERE it is for your mid-summer listening pleasure.

**********************************************
(click the photo to see larger version)

UPDATE: well, technically I guess I'm cheating because I'm typing this the day AFTER Psychic Tuesday, but The Bearons are playing a game in Lafayette,LA this weekend, so I figured I'd tell you about last nite's game ... we ended up losing, but it was "fan appreciation night" and boy were they crazy! There was a "fan appreciation picnic" beforehand and, thanks to Merrilee, the sangria flowed freely! Anyway, after the game, we invited the fans to join us in our 3rd portrait (taken by awesome photographer, Cary Norton) which you see above.


my parents!

I just returned from a 3 day trip to Mobile and Dauphin Island to visit my folks and to celebrate the 4th of July with Elise & Marc and clan ... what a long weekend! The only thing missing I think from such a nice weekend was the fact that I never got to jump into the ocean and swim...We were close to the beach on Dauphin Island, but it was a 5 minute walk and everyone at the celebration wanted to stay inland ... that said, I still feel a huge craving for the beach and then ocean ... an unsatisfied longing, if you will...

It was a nice visit and much needed "escape" from Birmingham ... on 4th of July night there were some spectacular fireworks on the island (I used one for the mixtape cover) ...

Bearons-wise, I'm  sort of sad that the Spring '09 softball season has ended ... I never dreamed that I'd end up on a softball team! I'm glad we still have the Louisiana game and the tournament thing ... I highly look forward to the Fall season!

******************************************

Below are photos from a thriftstore trip right before I went back to Birmingham ... We also made several "thriftstore fantasies", which are included beneath the photos.



Grant being all smiley

The top of Nolan's head

Elise imitates yellow bird #1

Elise imitates yellow bird #2


Elise imitates yellow bird #3


HERE are the Mobile thriftstore fantasies we made.








1 comment: