Tuesday, September 22, 2009

In The Now Mix



This mixtape will be perfect for:

A. watching lightning flashes at night
B. starting anything new & exciting
C. rainy drives in a happy/sad daze
D. wondering where & who you are
E. simply being "in the now"

It was created specifically to celebrate Peter's happiness with Christine and my new happiness with Josh ... don't wanna jinx it by talking too much about it, so HERE it is!

**********************************

Hey!!! Autumn is FINALLY here!!! I can hardly believe that my favorite season has arrived! And it's been rainier than rainy lately ... days and days of rain ... which made our "Steel City Showdown" game with the Krewe of Doom softball team (who travelled from Lafayette to play us) a rather red muddy experience ... evidence of the mud can be found in the photos below ...

Speaking of softball and Bearons, our last two wins were 23-16 and 23-2 !!! perhaps 23 is our lucky number???

**********************************

And now ... another video round-up! This time I have a theme: 1987!!! This particular round-up started when I suddenly remembered the video for "Christine" by House Of Love (which is on the mix) and it made me also recall a ton of videos that not only made lasting impressions on me, but also planted in me a desire to create films and music video of my own ... looking at these collectively, it's interesting to see how they all have sort of a similar style (in many cases either a blurry 8 millimeter "home movie" quality or a rapid flickering "collage" style) ... ENJOY! :


























*****************************************

Also, these are 2 memorable short films I saw around the same time ...

HERE is an amazing animated version of Charlie Parker's song "Koko"

and

below is an equally awesome animated film called "Face Like A Frog"










No comments:

Post a Comment