Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lost + Found Mix



This mixtape was made specifically with the opening of my "Ghosts & Hybrids" show in mind, so I don't really know what else it might be perfect for, except maybe literally getting lost (either walking or riding or driving) somewhere, which I did in the Forest Park neighborhood at twilight recently and it was quite rewarding ... hard to explain

It's rather an odd mix ... I'll say that ... but most of it does live up to it's name at least in the fact that, while listening, it sounds like yer either between sleeping and waking or maybe between worlds or something deep like that ... haha ... Peter picked out a good number of the songs, so congratulate him if you end up enjoying it!

it can be FOUND here.

****************

Well, the opening was pretty spectacular ... I must thank Anne Puckett for making it happen ... and Daniel & Van, who put some crazy pretty lights on the paintings in the back (near the patio where the keg and bubbles were!) ... I also had some of my previous mixes from here playing nice and loud there, too ... I ended up selling 5 pieces that nite... so yay!!!

Hopefully Anne will send me some of the photos she snapped that nite ... the batteries in my camera died just after 2 pictures! If so, they'll be posted next week ...

so now I'm working and slaving on Art Walk, which is this coming Friday & Saturday ... I'll be showing on the corner of 2nd ave and 24th street at "2nd Row", about 4 doors down from the Urban Standard cafe and I'll have a TON of paintings!

Oh yeah ... in other news, it was bizarre sitting the last Bearons game out ... talk about feeling like yer between 2 realities! haha ... I just stood at the top of the stands in my jersey and filmed the game (got some great outfield shots!) ... it felt as if I had died and I was filming my living, breathing friends ... AHHHHH!!! I never want to experience a Bearons game like that again ... but they (we) WON! that's 3 wins and we've only had 4 games so far!

aaaanywaaaay, here are 2really swell videos I found recently ... ENJOY:

1.

2.

No comments:

Post a Comment