Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Jigsaw Disposition Mix



This mixtape just might be perfect for:
A. freaking out
B. trying to meet any sort of deadline
C. getting excited
D. pulling one's hair out
E. celebrating


*************************************

Ah September! The start of my 3 favorite months ... the beginning of my favorite part of the year (collectively known to me as Oktember) ... and ah the deadlines! and the panic! and the joy they summon up! You see, I'm the type of person who literally doesn't get anything done until the last minute (or really, in this case, the last couple of weeks) ... so I'm a bit used to it ... I pretty much relish it, embrace it ... accept it.

So the "Ghosts & Hybrids" show is 3 days away ... I think I'm gonna hang it Wednesday ... and I honestly had a wonderful time working on it ... probably because I had fun breaking so many of the rules I'd made up for myself in the past as a painter ... this show made and makes me quite happy ...

*************************************

The Bearons game will be a little weird for me tonite ... the reason? Well, I have to sit this game out because near the end of the 2nd game during our doubleheader last week, I had a sort of grade school flashback when I swung at a ball, missed it, and realized that a ton of the folks in our crowd (not the opposing team's crowd) had burst into laughter ... for some reason I could not get over it and ended up freaking out, only to eventually disappear from the game without telling anybody on the team ... pretty babyish, huh?

Anyway, it's understandable that the team would have me sit a game out ... so during this game I'll be in the stands concentrating on my filming techniques and trying to get some quality outfield zoom shots for the next BNB video ... haha

*************************************

Speaking of videos, here are some pretty great ones:

The 1st one's rather indescribable ... Charlie Smith sent it to me (thanks, Charlie!) and, well ... you just have to see it!


The 2nd one is a brilliant performance by Camera Obscura on Pitchfork's "Cemetery Gates" show ... I never got to see them here in town this past summer because they had to cancel the show due to some sort of family tragedy ... So this fills in the void a bit I guess:









No comments:

Post a Comment