Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Josh's Polyatom II : Barbarian World Mix


This mixtape was created for you by Mr. Josh Cooley ... the monumental 2nd installment in his Polyatom series ... The adventure continues in this rollcoaster ride of a mix, dropping us into an ever-shifting menagerie of madness, masks, miraculous mistakes and marvelous maniacs! who could want more?! once again, thank you Josh!

dive in right HERE!

*********************************************************

Oh I wish I could say that now that the Moss Rock Festival is over I can now just lay down my brushes and hibernate in my bed for a full month ... but I CAN'T!!! haha ... no ... to be honest, I'm actually pretty excited about the pieces that I'm working on for both my December Bottletree show and my "water closet installation" at Barehands Gallery ... both will involve me having a bit more fun and experimenting this time ... seems like I can't get enough of that lately...

Speaking of Moss Rock, I did okay ... it just felt a wee bit cramped this year cuz I'm used to having much more room at Magic City (yes, I've been spoiled!) and I didn't know my neighboring artists this time either ... so, yeah it felt kind of weird and claustrophobic ... what helped immensely was seeing my friends and talking to them ... I hope I didn't seem like too much of a grumpy, complainy old man to them! haha ... it was a pretty moody festival for me, overall ...

I've also rediscovered the pleasures of my record player again, since I finally cleaned up the back room, suddenly making my floor-lined vinyl collection visible! Ah, the beauty of cheap and scratchy thriftstore treasures!

****************************************************

video-wise, I found this new one by Jarvis Cocker (of Pulp fame) ... I dunno ... it makes me laugh in a sort of muppet humor way! Plus, he may be my new fashion icon soon ... who knows! haha:


and lastly, the much-loved Grizzly Bear have a beautifully strange clay-filled & dream-like video for their song "Ready Able" ... (once again, the screen gets all chopped-off, so to view the full picture, just click the video) enjoy:










No comments:

Post a Comment