Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Totally Random Mix 2



This mix tape will be perfect for:
A. turning new leaves
B. looking back on the past, happily or sadly
C. driving aimlessly
D. doing "spring cleaning" in the Fall
E. making conscious changes

you can download it HERE.

*****************************************

Ah November ... the start of the Celtic year ... a time when the veil between this world and that is very thin and spirits glide back & forth between the two ...

I went crazy and totally cleaned up the outside of the house the day after Halloween (which was pretty fun: I went to Bottletree and Philip Griffith's as Where's Waldo this time) ... I also completely cleaned my room, too ... it feels like I cleaned the inside of my head a bit in doing so! I also made a fire in the back yard and thought about a lot of things I would like to do in the future and things about myself that I'd like to change ...

I think it's funny how this year everything was so lined up date-wise: Halloween was on a Saturday ... the time changed Sunday ... Day Of The Dead fell on a full moon (which was a Monday!) and this year Peter and I's birthday will fall on a Tuesday (day we were born) ... also, both Xmas and New Year's will get 3 day weekends cuz they fall on Fridays ... wow

Day Of The Dead at Barehands Gallery was really fun, too as usual ... I took a few photos, which are down below ...

The Moss Rock art festival is this weekend (Nov. 7th & 8th) and I'll be showing new work at that ... here's their site in case you wanna look at it ... my tent number will be 120

*****************************************

in video news, Charlie Smith turned me on to this great band from California called Girls, who released their debut album a couple of weeks ago ... I found two different versions of the video for their single "Lust For Life" (no, it's not an Iggy Pop cover) ... the 1st one's clean and the 2nd one ... well, it's pretty dirty:





(sorry it gets all "chopped off" ... it looks better if you click the video and go to the site)

speaking of Charlie, she also sent me a great video of a live Jonathan Richman performance she shot where he stops playing guitar and happily dances around like a some sort of holy man in a musical trance ... very inspiring! thanks, Charlie!








No comments:

Post a Comment