Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Recap Mixes A & B


HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
PSYCHIC TUESDAY!!!
YOU TURN ONE YEAR OLD TODAY!

These mixtapes will be perfect for:

A. Getting sentimental
B. Remembering some things you totally forgot
C. Catching up if you missed out
D. Feeling a bit schizophrenic
E. Turning one year old!

I was telling Laura yesterday (as I got these "recap" mixes together and compiled all of the "backyard" photos from this past blog year) that it's funny how small a year can seem, especially when looking at it as 50 + weeks translated into 50 + one inch photographs ... and yet how enormous and epic it can seem at the same time when listening back to it as 2 big 25 song mixes ... weird! I guess when I started this blog, I never really projected very far ahead, since what happened in each week and the week past seemed so important at the time ... ah, Time! you ole devil!

The oddest sensation for me though, is the feeling that the blog started out (and still starts out each time) as something that comes from me ... and yet, looking back on it ... it seems to have become a "something" in itself, something that's now separate from me ... it's kind of like knowing a tiny bit what a parent feels like to see her or his child growing up ... wow

Anywaaaay, on that note, here are Recap Mix A and Recap Mix B, consisting of the 1st song of each mix from start to finish through this past year ... Enjoy!

*******************************************************

Sentimentality aside, I actually don't have too much to report ... after finishing those bathroom door paintings last week, I took a rather nice break from painting and enjoyed a bit of a "week off"... writing in my journal, cleaning stuff up and slowly getting my website revamped (something that prolly won't be finished till like late April ... haha) ... Friday was a pretty amazing day, full of snow adventures and later a great art opening called "Role Playing" at Litebox Gallery ... a bunch of my friends had photos and paintings in the show ... the funnest part for me was playing with a lot of these home-made instruments in a an installation called "flusaudiuxtory: intermental transdio expeririactive aumition" a HoWaYaDa Klann (Larry Hoagland, Jess Marie Walker & Brad Davis) installation of multiple amplified assemblage situations ... Jess Marie took this photo of Jonathan, Walker and I going crazy on it:


I got so carried away on this instrument made of old rusty wrenches that I sort of broke it and it had to be repaired ... whoops

So anyway, they're gonna be doing a special performance using all of these instruments this Thursday, Feb. 18th ... check out all the info about it right HERE.

*******************************************************

So I mentioned that the same Friday as the opening it snowed ... and it was a great snow! Like in the movies! haha ... so please forgive the oncoming onslaught of celebratory snow photos I took that day:











*****************************************
Okay now that I got that out of my system, in video news I found the following black & white gems this past week:













David Brown brought this next one to my attention ... and the only appropriate word to describe it is AWKWARD ... bear witness:



And now, ladies & gentlemen ... let us now bid a fond farewell to last blog year's photographic anchor, the much-loved "backyard photo" ... soon to replaced by the baby new year blog photo,
the "front porch photo" ... haha ... Here we see the back yard photo in a before-and-after-the-snow series ... Bye bye! we'll miss you, old friend!










No comments:

Post a Comment