Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Kara's Boss Man Mix


This mixtape was created for you by the amazingly talented Kara Cassidy who also provided the lovely photos after the videos down at the bottom (except for the 1st & last ones, which I took) ... It was a completely unexpected mix, and a bit of a life saver one as well ...

you see, Monday the 15th, I'm going off to Atlanta with my friend Bob to an Air concert and we'll be gone till Tuesday evening ... so I not only needed to go ahead and have this blog done early (set to automatically publish at 12AM Tues. Mar. 16th), but I was slightly worried that I wouldn't have a decent mix ready before I left ...

Well, I was sitting in Bottletree drinking coffee last (Psychic) Tuesday and in walks Kara, who turned out not only to have a mix to give me, but also revealed to me via Flickr that she & I have an incredibly similar eye when choosing our photographic subject matter ... It was in short, a very psychic Tuesday indeed! Thanks a ton, Kara!!!

HERE is her epic Boss Man Mix, which she originally made for (surprise!) her boss ... Enjoy.

*****************************************
So Spring is approaching rapidly and the weather has suddenly gotten insanely wet and windy and wild ... 2 days ago, giant balls of hail started pummeling everything in sight and from inside, it sounded somehow like 1,000 tree branches were falling to the ground ... weird

I took these 2 pictures from the bottom bunk of my bed on one of those rain-tossed afternoons:




On a completely different note, I'm excited about the solo Jonsi (Sigur Ros) record "Go" coming out next month, so I was looking stuff up about him and found this cool and unique player thingy with a lot of Jonsi stuff on it ... dig:










*****************************************
In video news, 1st up I found two TV show diamonds ... of Montreal did a really catchy song for the kid's show "Yo Gabba Gabba"

& Joanna Newsom played the whole 6 minute "Soft As Chalk"on Jimmy Fallon ... she makes the best faces while singing, too:



The rest is a collection of funny, bizarre and/or classic clips ... In this one, the band Real Estate play at an actual real estate agency's Christmas party:



And this video by Eric Copeland (of Black Dice) is simply bizarre and wonderful, as is all of his music:



Here's an old and quite spooky one by electronic pioneers, Kraftwerk:



And finally, to bring the TV show theme full circle, we have this strange one by Pink Floyd in 1968 from some French show ... the band doesn't seem remotely interested in miming the vocals or playing their instruments, for that matter ... they do however seem to be rather enjoying themselves ... haha:















1 comment: