Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Charlie's Spring Mix

THIS MIX IS GOOD FOR:


Doing as much as you can

Being with people

Silly-string-ing

Starting a garden

Having fun

Jogging fast (I think they call it running)

Playing in the grass

Calling up an old friend

Driving to a picnic

Cleaning

Overall Kicking Ass


It was created for you by Charlie Sanders, who you last heard ringing in the icy cold season with his excellent Falling Into Winter Mix ... and speaking of seasons, it seems that each one this year will be magically unveiled with a new mix by Charlie ... for indeed he plans on doing up a Summer one as well ... hurray for Charlie!


This Spring one is quite exciting and contains many unexpected surprises ... my favorite being a sudden crackly-good Spanish children's record! The best thing about this mix, i think, is that it refuses to stay in one solid area for too long ... It's happily a bit all over the place ... Here's Charlie himself with a few words about it:


"I'll be honest. I had a different vibe going at first, kind of a clash between heavy and happy. Pissed Jeans & The Beatles kind of a theme. Then I started adding things to it and by the middle of last weekend I had gotten lost. So I stepped away from it all week last week then just piled through it on Sunday. Also I crammed the Big Star and Sparklehorse in the mix only because I was pretty torn up over both losses. The Calypso tracks are what really pull the mix together. ;)


My summer mixes will be much easier to identify."


and now, with no further ado, HERE is Charlie's very wonderfully colorful Spring Mix.Thanks again, Charlie!!!


**********************************************************************************


Charlie mentioned Big Star and Sparklehorse in the same sentence because yet another very sad rock n roll death is upon us: musical legend Alex Chilton passed away this past Wednesday of a heart attack ... Here is fitting tribute to him, complete with songs and videos by The Box Tops, Big Star and solo Alex ... R.I.P.


**********************************************************************************


So, this Thursday night I get to go to the symphony at Alys Stephens Center for free cuz I did the art for the Alabama Symphony Orchestra production of "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" ... I'm gonna take Nancy Tran with me ... that should interesting ...


I also ended up doing a paint-by-numbers version of one of my paintings for school kids to paint at the upcoming "ONB Breakfast" ... I'm excited about how it'll turn out ... hopefully I'll have "before and after" photos on here next week



****************************************

And now, feast yer eyes on all of these great & beautiful
(and in some cases, funny as hell!) videos ... enjoy:





























No comments:

Post a Comment