Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Busy Bee Mix



This mixtape will be perfect for:

A. getting everything on yer list checked off
B. running errands
C. pulling yer hair out happily
D. painting yer arms off
E. trying to meet deadlines

it's all right HERE!
so get busy!

******************************************

So it's official ... I am sick to death of painting right now!!! I feel like passing out cuz I've been slaving a little over a month on 80 plus works for the Magic City Art Connection festival, which is this coming weekend, April 23rd - 25th at Linn Park here in Birmingham ... my tent will be number 137 and I'll be sort of near the fountain ...

On top of being worn out from overwork, I'm also a bit on the worried side concerning the festival because the weather genies are forecasting rain and thunderstorms all weekend ... ARGH! So I'm trying to mentally prepare for that and just hope and pray that folks will still turn up, despite the wetness and buy some art! *knock on wood*

******************************************
In softball news, Bad News Bearons won again!!! This time we defeated the Sitel Blazers with a whopping 18-6 !!! Tonite we'll be playing the Church of the Highlands ... Who knows? Maybe our winning streak will hold up! Again, *knock on wood!*

******************************************

Once again I have a whacky wagonload of videos to show you (if any of em are too big, just click the video itself and you can watch it full frame):

I really love how truly photographic this one by Future Islands is:


This next one is simply a Toontown acid trip:


I think the only words to describe this Efterklang one are ... beautiful nightmare:


I've never put a movie trailer on here before, but I've been waiting and waiting for this new Todd Solondz film to come out ... it's supposedly a sequel to both "Welcome To The Dollhouse" and "Happiness":


Pascal sent me this via Facebook and it totally takes me back to being 5 years old, sitting in front of the TV watching "Sesame Street":


Justin recently let me borrow his Registrators vinyl LPs (a great Japanese punk band from the late '90's) and I found this video for a song of theirs I've never heard ... apparently they went a bit New Wave later in their career:


And finally, here is a smashingly enjoyable new one from LCD Soundsystem, who have a new album called "This Is Happening" coming out soon ... enjoy:







1 comment: