Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Outside Of Me Mix


This mixtape will be perfect for:

A. Driving around with the windows down
B. Riding or walking
C. Feeling unnecessarily emotional
D. Getting a ton of stuff done
E. Walking around to get things off yer mind

The gyst of this mix was made while I was "coming down" from a crush I had on a particular somebody ... and this was actually a couple of weeks ago, but it's only just now hittin' the interwebs cuz I decided to let March be an "all guest mix" month ...

So anyway, it was a good crush although it ended with the person telling me that I'm simply "not his type", which was fair and honest of him, even though it wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear ... haha ... So this particular mix contains a taste of that "blissful misery" that swells around in one's heart and stomach while the crush is actually happening, but it also has a bit of that tingly coming down sensation of relief from returning to one's "real self" while simultaneously and suddenly becoming very aware of everything and everyone outside of yourself again, seeing it all as if it's shiny brand new and feeling the invigorating pulse of Life in all it's glory; good & bad, dark & light, inside and outside ... just like the constant unconscious act of breathing ... phew! What a rant! haha

in the immortal words of The Smiths:

"I know it's over ... and it never really began ...
but in my heart, it was so real."

Anyway, HERE it is ...
and (all crushes aside) I think it's a pretty decent mix.
so there!

*******************************************************************

Here's some exciting news that I received this past week ... a while back, I was commissioned to paint a portrait of Alabama author, Albert Murray ... well, my good friend Danny Gamble recently informed me that it was decided that the portrait will now be presented to the executive director of the Alabama State Council on the Arts, Al Head ... it turns out that Albert Murray is his favorite author!

Here's the portrait:

Here's the news in Danny's own words:

Just got the official word--The Alabama Writers' Forum will present to Al Head PC Wilm's Albert Murray portrait in recognition of his 25th anniversary as executive director of the Ala State Council on the Arts.
So...not only will your work be hanging in the bathroom of Bottle Tree, but also in the home of the State's top arts administrator.

*******************************************************************

And now ... (drum roll) ... it's the Bad News Bearons Show! I have a slew of BNB related videos photos cuz we not only had our kick-off party last Saturday, but our 1st game of the 2010 season is TONITE at George Ward Park, Field 3 at 7:30pm !!! Come out if ya like softball!!!

At our last practice, Eileen took a photo of this ... I drew it in the sand ... it's Hitler visiting us on Easter Sunday ... haha

Next up is the hot fresh BNB promo I made for 2010 ... btw, all of these videos are gonna end up too big to fit on this blog (argh!) so please click HERE you can see em full-size:


Here's two (HUGE) videos Eileen took with her phone of silliness at the kick-off party FULL PICTURE VERSION:



me & Kristen being robots (FULL PICTURE, YO):

And here's a bunch of random photos from the party ... we sold almost ALL of those Bearons T-shirts!

Rebecca & Wes having a deeeep conversation:

softball talk:

BNB tattoo!

the ultimate party game: pin the shocker on the ass!!!

*******************************************************************

As previously reported, I'm a very busy bee working on all of my Magic City Art Connection paintings ... thankfully I got these 3 commissions out of the way, so I'm just a tiny bit less panicky than before!


*******************************************************************

Soooo, in video news the other night I suddenly got this Suede song in my head, so I looked up the video and it's really incredible (and sexy!) ... It's right HERE cuz the party poopers at MTV wouldn't allow video-embedding ... you also have to suffer through a commercial in order to get to the good stuff ... sorry! it's worth it!

[note: for the following videos, again you'll wanna click the video to open up a new page to see it full frame]

Speaking of parties, this next video is perfectly insane and I totally dig it (especially when the old lady breaks out the flute!!!) :


I remember this song from Charlie Smith's awesome Mix It Up mix ... I dunno if I'd ever wanna meet these people, but I'm sure John Waters would!


Justin C. turned me onto this cool Australian band ... I'm both repulsed and amused by their masks ... I also can't believe how long the ending is:


This video almost seems like an answer to the Art Clokey video from last time:


Here is a great playful B&W one by New Jersey's psychedelic Ducktails ... I could watch this one on a loop I like it so much:


Last of all, I just had to include this one (thanks, Lucy!!!) cuz it makes me laugh & laugh:














No comments:

Post a Comment