Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Gregory's Bed-Sitting Room Mix


This mixtape was created for you by Gregory Lowry, a man of impeccable taste, not only in music, but also film and literature ... Those of you who frequent Bottletree Cafe may know Greg as the extremely bright & witty conversationalist bartender that he is there ... In that sense, I was actually pretty surprised by the mood of this particular playlist, which is wonderfully soft and slightly sad, but somehow also very celebrational in its own right ...

It is definitely the most emotional and sentimentally beautiful mix to hit the Psychic Tuesday airwaves ... It's impossible to listen to it without your heartstrings being yanked every which a way and you're left feeling as if you've just watched a total tear-jerker movie where you were the main character ... Yes, it's that epic!

So get out yer Kleenex, cuz HERE it comes!

Thanks a ton, Greg!!!


****************************************************************************


Phew!!! What a full week this was!

Last Psychic Tuesday, I helped Walker make another crazy promo for his upcoming show in Montevallo Al at Grey Gables & Eclipse. Viewing it will not only make you realize just how much of a lunatic I can be, but you'll see the restless "film-maker seed" in Walker stirring and starting to grow, which is pretty fascinating ... Maybe this music career thing is actually just a diving board to a promising future as a movie director ... who knows?

Witness the lunacy:




****************************************************************************


That night, Bad News Bearons played our 1st game in a month (5 cancelled games!) and although we ended up losing, it was an amazing good time, probably because we were all just so excited and happy to actually be playing again!

The best part for me that nite was that I not only caught my 1st fly-ball at a game, but I also performed my 1st slide into 2nd and that confused the baseman so he missed the catch and I hauled ass to 3rd! haha ...

After the game I got another surprise when my team started throwing drinks on me and chanting "MVP! MVP!" I didn't know what this meant so I started getting irritated (!) ... Justin came up and whispered "It means Most Valuable Player!" which made me smile and blush ... What a great evening and what a sweet team I'm on ...


****************************************************************************


So continuing on the "full week" theme, Wednesday I picked up one of my best friends in the world, John Wendel from the airport ... He's visiting the states from Korea where he teaches English ...

Marion Payne Jones took this photo of John & I at Barehands Gallery:

John was also kind enough to help me the next day on my bi-monthly paper deliveries ... I'd never had anybody help me before, but it proved to be the most incredibly fun delivery day ever:

It really gave us a good chance to catch up and for me to "train" John to do something he'll never do again! haha! Just dig the name of this realty company ... I think they'd probably get a lot more business if they simply changed their name! haha



****************************************************************************

The rest of the week was spent panicking and slaving over finishing all of the paintings for my "Black Sheep" show at Crestwood Coffee Company ... which finally happened Friday ... I hung everything Saturday morning and went straight home afterwards to completely & impulsively
SHAVE MY HEAD! I guess I just really felt like I needed a change ...

The black sheep has been shorn!!!

To my relief, Ryan likes the new look ... something I totally fretted about right before the opening reception!


Speaking of the opening reception, take a look at some of the photos I posted on my News blog.

Also, fellow artist Chris Garrsion was kind enough to promote the show on his Salty Ham Jam blog ... Thanks, Chris!!!


I was very happy and thankful for all the folks who turned up for my opening ... Greg (who made this week's mix) claims that it is my best work so far ... cheers!

RYAN and his friends Jennifer & Sarah made it to the as well ... it all went very smoothly ... I even sold a painting! haha ...


****************************************************************************

Speaking of Ryan, we got to spend a radiant Sunday together at the Cahaba river ...

Here's some photographic evidence:




****************************************************************************

Hey folks, it's video time!


For some odd reason, watching this new one from El Guincho gives me de javu:


Ryan & I were listening to Ariel Pink on the way home from the river and it made remember how silly the video for this song is:


Ryan loves this ... it's pretty precious:


Doug posted this on facebook ... it's pretty cool and he did the music for it (thanks, Doug!) :



I kind of don't know what to say about this one by Janka Nabay except for "I dig it" :



This one by Minks is great and creepy and sad and beautiful:



Wow ... Jonsi provided the soundtrack for this amazing paint commercial:





And now for a TRIPLE DOSE of dessert! This week's specialty is Offensive Surprises! Get ready!!!



John Wendel turned me onto this ... most of it is just wrong, but still funny as hell (thanks, John!) :



Steve Lowry posted this on facebook (thanks!!!) and it's pretty bizarre (and hilarious) :



This is also a facebook post, this time by Todd Pierce (cheers!) and it really makes me laugh and laugh ... ENJOY! :












No comments:

Post a Comment