Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Charlie's MID SUMMER Mix (side b - "SUMMER NIGHTS")


This mixtape was once again created for you by seasonal veteran Psychic Tuesday mix-maker, the one & only Charlie Sanders and HOLY SHIT it's such a great one!!!

concerning it, Charlie says:

The MID SUMMER MIX - SIDE B "SUMMER NIGHTS" is perfect for night time festivities.

This will be my last mix for a while ... I will still come through with my fall mix and then bounce back with some mixes next year ... they will all have different themes.



Wow! Can't wait!!! FYI, Charlie's mix this week is a companion piece to his Summer Days Mix ... and I thought THAT was an amazing mix! But honestly, this one blew me away! It makes me wanna drive around with the windows down ... it makes me wanna throw a crazy late night party, complete with a huge punch bowl, confetti, streamers, costumes and party hats ... best of all, it makes me actually ENJOY these hot nights of August, which is a very rare thing!!! haha ...
Thanks, Charlie!!!


All right ... enough talk! Get set to truly celebrate some hot SUMMER NIGHT MAGIC!!!




**********************************************************



Uh oh ... here comes another Psychic Tuesday 1st ...

BONUS MIX!!!

Since we're all in a celebrational mood, I'd first like to say
MANY HAPPY RETURNS to my wonderful, beautiful mom cuz today is her birthday!!!

also

I wanna also wish a happy birthday to fellow Birmingham artist, Pat Snow ... This past spring he had a huge installation up at Lite Box Gallery and this part of it really stood out to me:
(click to ENLARGE)



Looking at the above mixtape song list made me want to actually make this mix and post it on here ... so to celebrate Pat's birthday, I DID! and it's a pretty epic mix to behold, too!


I asked Pat himself to explain the "back story" behind this mix ... this is what he had to say:

Well the back story...I was making a mix for my niece. She likes early punk and new wave so I was trying to make her a mix of what I listened to when I was her age. She really likes the Stranglers now! I also thought I would make the title really outlandish .. so that is how I came up with the title .. Music that saved my soul..


and now, with no further ado, you may now experience Pat Snow's Music That Saved My Soul Mix!


Thanks, Pat!!!


And here's a video of one of my favorite songs on the mix:





**********************************************************



In home front news, my twin brother Peter & I were featured photographically in this month's issue of B-Metro magazine ... It's an article about the phenomenon of twins ... You should run out and pick up a copy ... it's a pretty interesting read!



Thanks to Lisa Cole and Tony Rodio for inviting us to the shoot!

(click to ENLARGE)



On a bit of a random note, music-wise I've been going through a huge krautrock phase ... I find it's really good stuff not only to drive to, but to paint to, blog to, think to ... I could go on and on! ... Anyway, this fascination really all started way back in May when Brad Davis contributed his epic Krautrock Mixx to the Psychic Tuesday airwaves. (Thanks again, Brad!!!)


Funny ... remembering this reminds me that very soon after that May 11th blog, I met RYAN and history was forever changed! haha



Speaking of Ryan, he was here this past weekend, which was chock-full of good movies, chinese food, thriftstore adventures and crazy party games! weeee!!!



Before all that however, I got a lot of WORK done, which was mainly a bunch of commissioned stuff ...


witnesseth:






On another random note, here's my beloved Charley sporting her latest mid-summer sleeping position ... gotta love those glowing red eyes of hers!



Another great event that occurred this week was my wonderful long-time friend Tantra coming to visit for a few days ... I hadn't seen her in 9 whole months and it was superb getting to hang out with her and catch up ...



Here's me catching her sneakily trying to read one of my moon books ... Busted!




Speaking of great events, the great Chris Lawson dropped by, not only to see Tantra but also to attend the "premiere" of the final chapter of an insanely epic 10-years-in-the-making 6 part short film series we call "Where Is The Trilogy?" ... Peter, Tantra, Chris and I all "starred" in the series, so it was a reunion of sorts as well!



Happy days are here again!



Below you can see for yourself just how crazy the 4 of us can be! Warning: the movie probably won't make ANY damned sense even if you watch all of the 5 movies with it! (they're all on youtube, btw if you care to check em out):

"If I Was You" part 1

"If I Was You" part 2





**********************************************************



And now ... it's time for some videos!!!



1st up I'd like to dedicate these 2 craaaazy jazzy ones to my man, Ryan:





It's been dry dry DRY here in Birmingham lately, which is driving me mad cuz I actually LIKE rain and thunder and lightning ... so tell it like it is, Mr. Tom Waits:



And here's one by another new favorite band of mine: Candy Claws ... their new album,
"Hidden Lands" is absolutely stunning!



Elise sent me this next one and oh how I love it! Thanks, Elise!!!



Jonsi can do no wrong ... this is hands down my favorite song from his album
"Go":



Next up we have a new one from Clinic that is simultaneously cute and bizarre:



I remember seeing this one way back when on "120 Minutes" and being sort of scared by it ... haha :




Once again, we have a double-decker dessert!


The 1st course was sent to me by Roy (thanks!) and I could watch it over and over and laugh harder every time! I believe in David Lynch:




And finally, Joshua posted this one on facebook ... oddly, it makes me laugh AND somehow feel sorry for the washing machine! How very strange:















No comments:

Post a Comment