Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Charlie's MID SUMMER Mix (side a : "SUMMER DAYS")


This mixtape was created for you by the very seasonal Mr. Charlie Sanders, who, by presenting his THIRD playlist is now a Psychic Tuesday mix contributor veteran!!! Congrats, Charlie!

Earlier in the year, he has also welcomed in the other 2010 seasons with his eclectic and moody Falling Into Winter Mix and also his shimmeringly flowery Spring Mix.

And now, something completely new : This Summer Mix is beyond exceptional ... it is extremely joyous and danceable and sunny and very VERY nostalgic and sixties! Charlie has the following to say about it:

"The MID SUMMER MIX - SIDE A "SUMMER DAYS" sounds best when played at high volume while outside in the sunshine."

So get ready folks, cuz here comes that SIXTIES SUMMER SUN!!!

Thanks again, Charlie!!!


**********************************************************************


Before I say anything else, I'd like to share this found letter that Bradford Cox posted on his Deerhunter blog ... it is, quite possibly the best found letter I have ever encountered ... thanks, Bradford Cox!


experience it below (click to enlargen) :



**********************************************************************


Once again, I spent this week getting a shitload of painting commissions done ... this time they were all for the Route Of Art gallery, who lately have invited me to show with them in Florence, AL !!! Yay!



**********************************************************************


In home front news, RYAN was here twice this week to be with me and to also go to the phenomenal Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti show at Bottletree this past Saturday ...


Witness how handsome he is here (he later gave me that hat!!!) :


Also, Charley has been thoroughly enjoying her new health and happiness ... here we see her lounging in the open window, one of her many daily rituals:



**********************************************************************


In "art news", Bo and I now have an art show together up at Boutwell Studios (called "Interchangeable Hearts") and the opening reception was a blast! In case you missed the opening, DON'T WORRY! The show will be up during ALL of August & September! Swing by there and check it out!!!


Here are a few "choice moments" from the opening :







**********************************************************************


And now, a total avalanche of good videos for you to ENJOY:


This week's incredible mix contributor, our own Charlie Sanders shared this Monks video with us ... craaaazy! (thank you, Charlie!!!)



When I found that found letter earlier on the Deerhunter blog, I also found THIS blessedly splendid video ... I assume that Bradford Cox made it? I have no clue ... At any rate, it is very wonderful to behold:



Oh Julian Lynch, how I love thy music:



Grass Widow are currently my new favorite band right now (they have a new album called "Past Time" due out August 24th and I can't wait!)

Here's an oldish one by them:



And here's brand new one by them!



Lately I've been on a late 90's vinyl listening kick ... The Frumpies are still a huge favorite:



This week, while desperately getting all of the paintings ready for Bo & I's show (and getting the Route Of Art stuff ready), I decided that Ducktails is the best music to work to. Ryan turned me onto their stuff and I love listening to their albums on a loop while painting!

Here's a great live thingy that they recently did as a Sunday Brunch session:



Wow ... this one by The Hundreds Is The Hands ("Pigeons") is just a little bit mind-blowing!



And this new one from Caribou ("Sun") makes me think of THIS SCENE from David Lynch's "Inland Empire" :



Here's one that I picked out just for Ryan:




My twin brother Peter recently sent me this live (at Camp Nowhere) one from Tame Impala ... He had this to say about it :

"it's really impressive how well they pull this off live!"

Thanks, Peter!!!



Speaking of Peter, he also sent me the following video, which is just hilarious and terrible and pathetic and panic-inducing all in one breath ... Have fun trying to get through this one:



Good ole Scotty Lee posted this stupendous Sigur Ros video (of yesteryear) on facebook recently (thanks!!!) ... They always have the best videos:




And now ... a double decker dessert!

My fellow Bad News Bearon, Katie Hazard posted this on facebook, via Shawnie Green (thanks, y'all!) and it's sad and funny and bizarre ...

witness:



So ... if you thought that was nice and fuckt up, another fellow Bearon, Justin Cordes posted this video response via Jimmy Gordon (double cheers!) ...

Get ready for the Bed Intruder SONG!!! haha














No comments:

Post a Comment