Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Paintbox Mix



This mixtape will be perfect for:

A. getting a lot of unrelated stuff done all at once
B. painting like mad
C. missing someone
D. going on a late-night walk or bike ride around the neighborhood
E. colorfulness + randomness



and now ... HERE IT IS ... ENJOY!!!



******************************************************


Welcome back to the unpredictable and quite random world of Psychic Tuesday! I think the 2 words that best describe both the above mix and this week's blog are random and colorful ... you'll see what i mean as everything unfolds ...

Well, Saturday nite I went to David Brown's birthday party, which was loads of fun ... there was hunch punch and everything!

There were also tons of balloons and somebody started drawing everybody there's face on them ... Sam Porter took the liberty of documenting them (thanks, Sam!!!) :

Michael:

Andy:

Michael M:

Sam:

Hayley:

David (the birthday boy!) :

Shannon:

Patrick:

Jamie:

Colin:

Weston:

me! :

Colin & the gang:




******************************************************



In softball news, Bad News Bearons had their 1st practice of the "fall" season (even though it's hot as HELL out there! haha) ... and TONITE we will be playing our Fall Season kick off doubleheader!!!

We have 3 new team members, too ... Lance, Sunny and Nicole ... New blood! YES!


******************************************************


On a random note, after my "Black Sheep" art show had opened, I completely shaved my head and face and started to photo-document the slow-but-sure growth of my hair ... well, 3 weeks into, I got cold feet and shaved my face again ... but now, a little more than one month later, I've decide to put the project back into effect!


Each week I'll add a new photo ... so once again, let it grow!


******************************************************


Speakin of random and colorful, Friday evening I went to quite a phenomenal art opening at Lite Box Gallery ... The exhibit is called Lite Brite and was curated by fellow Birmingham artist, John Lytle Wilson ... here, here John! I should kick myself for not bringing my camera ... there is so much amazing art to take in! You should do yourself a favor and drop by Lite Box Gallery! It's a truly wonderful experience.



******************************************************



Also in the random and colorful territory, I've been slowly but surely getting all of my tons of paintings for the upcoming Art Walk (which will be in downtown Northside Birmingham, Sept. 10 & 11th) ready ...

Here are a bunch of very primitive foundations:






******************************************************


Welcome to the Random & Colorful Video Show!
I'm yer host, Paul Cordes Wilm and we've really gotta mixed bag of audio/visual treats for you today!


1st up is a closet classic from Pink Floyd ... yer guess is as good as mine as to why they named this song "Paint Box"! haha :



Speaking of closet classics, Lee Dunnie posted this nifty nugget on facebook by The Young Rascals (thanks, Lee!!!) :



Break out the vintage turntables and start those fingers snappin! Belle & Sebastian are gonna release a NEW album this October ... and I can't wait!!!

Looky:



For weeks now, this Avi Buffalo song has been stuck in my head (not complaining!) ... It'll probably be the 1st song on this year's "How To Listen To Now" mix ... me likes it lots:



And this clip by Perfume Genius is just purely beautiful:



From beautiful to silly, the videos just keep comin' ... like this 'un from Tennis:



Yikes ... Grinderman kind of frighten me:



This new new one from MIA is so ugly it's pretty:




And here are two videos I picked out for Ryan (who I'm gonna visit in Montgomery for the 1st time at his new place tomorrow!!!) :



The lyrics to the 1st one are quite entertaining!


1. Behold ... The Hidden Cameras:



2. Behold, "The Suburbs":




I was playing this record last night ("Terror Twilight" ... a bedroom favorite) by Pavement and after hearing this song, I suddenly wondered if there was a video for it ...

Well, there was! Yay :




Ladies and gentlemen, once more we have a double decker dessert in our midst!



Round 1 is brought to us by Brian Teasely (thank you!!!), who invites us to delight in the wit and humor of Robyn Hitchcock! enjoy! :




And today's 2nd dose of dessert is brought to you by the lovely Joy Barr ... (thanks, Joy!!!) and what a public access TV treat it is!!! Who can say no to Francine Dancer?! bon appetit! haha :


















No comments:

Post a Comment