Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Jamie's Poopyheadface Mix


This mixtape was created for you by the very sweet and lovely Miss Jamie Lynne Naugher ... It's quite a wonderful mix, too ... great for any occassion = driving or riding or walking around, getting stuff done or maybe even just doing some spontaneous dancing, be it with others or in the privacy of yer own bedroom! It's just chock-full of good vibes and happy surprises ... and we can all use more of those!


I asked Jamie about the conception of such a mix and she had this to tell us:


"I made this mix for my friend Katie. She is an old soul and has a wicked sense of humor. I chose songs that I knew she would love and appreciate. Lots of my favorites from this past year are on here."




Yes! I love not only sharing mixes on here, but being allowed to experience mixes that other folks have made for eachother ...



So here it is ... drumroll,please! I now present to you, the one and only Poopyheadface Mix!!!

ENJOY!!!



While we're still thinking of Jamie and her amazing playlist, I wanna go ahead and get to these excellent videos she sent along ... She even commented on a couple ... Thanks, Jamie!!!







"This is one of my fave songs"



"Andy has been working on this piece. It is so very magical"










**********************************************************************************************






So last week was Peter & I's birthday week ...




Here's the pile of presents that we eventually tore into =





Peter treated me to a delicious meal at Makario's and later I took him to see the new Harry Potter flick ...

We had fun playing with the pita bread =





Later that night we had a big backyard birthday fire =




One of Peter's gifts to me was this awesome solar-powered owl that I put in a tree near where I park my truck (thanks,brother!) =



When darkness falls, it's eyes turn on and glow like this =






All-in-all, it was a terrific birthday ... thanks to everyone who gave Peter & I presents and facebook well-wishes! We feel very warm and loved!!!





**********************************************************************************************






This week, amongst other things, I also finished the new Open/Closed sign for Bottletree ... cuz the old one was stolen (!?!) ... Drop by there sometime and check it out when ya get a chance! They just celebrated their 4th anniversary! They were recently also named "one of the 1o greatest music venues of the 21st century" ... Here here!




This weekend I was privileged enough to visit my man RYAN in Montgomery again, but before that happened, my band Nowhere Squares played a show at Magic City Wholesale with Tennessee's Natural Child and a lot of great local bands ...




Eat My Shorts were up 1st and were rockin as ever ... a few weeks back I did a video forthem for their song "Shirley" =








Broken Letters were next and I had to i had to miss them cuz I forgot my keyboard stand and drove home to retrieve it ... but I heard they were great ...





Natural Child were right before us and they were pure kick-ass! I so dug their set! Yee haw! =









**********************************************************************************************






And now may I present one million and one videos for yer viewing pleasure!!!






A new Ariel Pink one directed by Wayne Coyne =


Ryan turned me on (thanks!) to this rather bizarre one by Former Ghosts =



Ryan also sent me this little piece of heaven directed by Harmony Korine (love it!) =






And I dedicate these next two to Ryan:



A. A newish and entertaining one by Foals =




B. "The Suburbs" by Arcade Fire =











Did I ever mention just how amazing the one man band Gull is? Well he is! =


Here's 3 by Ratatat ... and they all 3 make me laugh! =

1.


2.


3.



Some crazy tracer action by Shit Robot =




Peter turned me onto La Roux and her ginormous hairdo =




A tripped-out airplane ride with Games =




Les Savy Fav's latest =




Some mental ass shit by Tobacco =




Tom Bonner recently posted this nugget by The Unicorns (thanks,Tom!) =




Some good wholesome trippiness from Twin Sister =








And we have 4 delightfully different dessert options for you this week =






A. Andy Stewart sent this to Jamie (thanks!) and it's pretty hilarious! =




B. Eva Yancey posted this on facebook (thanky!) ... frankly, this dancing is some honest-to-God human cartoon stuff! absolutely amazing!!! =




C. Chris McCauley recently sent this one to Ryan (cheers!) =




D. And finally, Peter sent me this via Maz (double thanks!!!) ... funny and nightmare-inducing all at the same time! Wowzers! =

























No comments:

Post a Comment