Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lazy Calm Mix



This mixtape will be perfect for:

A. Relaxing in any form
B. Tuning out
C. Hiding
D. Pretending you are somewhere else
E. Being somewhere else


I am in the process of moving ... just across town, but it's still moving, which is exciting, but quite a pain ... and the last 2 weeks or so have really been a stressful ordeal ... So, as a result, I made this "Lazy Calm" mix as a sort of therapeutic / coping remedy ...


I hope you enjoy this small dose of "audio medicine for the nerves" ... May it find you smiling and contented inside your own inner land of escape =


You may download it RIGHT HERE.




************************************************************************




During the sunny, wonderful chaos that was the Magic City Art Connection festival, on top of selling a ton of my paintings, I was also commissioned several pieces as well ... So, I decided to speed-paint and get all of those out of the way this week so I can fully focus on moving the rest of the month ...


Here are the above-mentioned commissions =










************************************************************************





In tornado damage relief news, there is a big benefit at Bottletree WEDNESDAY NIGHT ... Come out and show your support!


Also, I recently contributed 3 pieces to Wes Frazer and John Lytle Wilson, who are putting together a benefit show for the tornado recovery. It will be at ACME gallery in Birmingham on Thursday May 26th. All proceeds will go to charity.









************************************************************************





It is now time to watch some VIDEOS ...



This week, we find ourselves in a bit of a "retroland", seeing as nearly all of the following videos are, in one sense or another, "Oldies but Goodies" ...

Bear witness:



Brian Teasley posted this classic by an obscure 80's group, The Hoodoo Gurus ... cheers! =




Speaking of the 80's John Wendel posted this wonderful animated bit by the Alan Parsons Project ... thanks! =




Going steadily backwards in time, Craig Stroud posted this 1970's nugget by 10CC, saying :

"This song is great (GREAT!) for several reasons: 1) It's wonderful to listen to stoned. 2) It's a great song to listen to while making out or having sex. 3) It's a great song, period." ... Danke, Craig! =




Speaking of the 70's, I recently chanced upon this rather unusual Roxy Music video on the Deerhunter blog =




And since we're still in the 70's, Hayley Grimes posted a little ditty by The Oakidge Boys ... haha ... Gracias! =




And just to mess up the "retroland" theme, I decided to show ya this great one by TV Ghost that Charlie Smith posted (thanky!) =




Dessert is forthcoming .......




How about let's start with some (bizarre flavored) ice cream ... Provided for you by Laura Ledbetter (cheers!) =




This just makes me laugh =

Dance With Me Gif - Dance With Me


John Wendel recently sent this to me ... I think I'll send off right away!!! =




My brother Peter posted this hilaious canine clip (thankers!) =




And my own mother sent me this next one, saying that it actually reminds her of Peter & I ... haha, thanks, Mama! =




And finally, speaking of Mother's Day, have fun watching this next one ... haha =





{I took the 1st photo, but the rest were all taken by Sam George of the Birmingham Weekly
... They're all devastating evidence of the recent tornado damage in Tuscaloosa and Pratt City }














No comments:

Post a Comment