Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Yuletide Mix


























This mixtape might be perfect for =

A. Bundling up
B. Shopping for xmas gifts
C. Decorating the tree
D. Drawing stuff on fogged up windows
E. Preparing for a cold Winter


Sure, I've done seasonal mixes before, but this time around I think I'm most satisfied with my "Yuletide" mix because it's full of not-so-typical holiday songs ... I sort of went out of my way searching for music that's either wintery or Christmassy, but doesn't usually land on a holiday mix ...


I think part of the inspiration behind this mentality was the fact that, at least here in Alabama, it didn't really get cold until just recently and I wasn't feeling the spirit yet ... So I was just craving something a bit ... different, as opposed to all the typical over-played traditional stuff ...


So there you have it! And here it is for your seasonal pleasure: the "Yuletide Mix" ... ENJOY =




If you'd like to download it, you can do so HERE.





*************************************************************************************




Speaking of yuletide and ... um ...different Christmas music, if you've never heard it you should check out my brother and I (Fred & Daily)'s crrrraaazy Christmas album, "Hairy Crimmah On Ice"!

























You can listen to and download it on End Up Records RIGHT HERE!!!


Here's Peter & I in the middle of doing a new Fred & Daily video shoot (I'll post it as soon as it's edited!) =




















And speaking of videos, here's one for our holiday hit, "Jingle Bell Blitz"! Hairy Crimmah! =







*************************************************************************************



And now for a tiny bit of random news ...



1st up, the recycling program here in Birmingham is about to expand! I'm so truly thrilled about this! Read all about it RIGHT HERE!



Also, Merrilee recently posted a link to "50 Unexplainable B&W photographs", which is fun to ponder over ... Check em out HERE. Thanks, Merr!




*************************************************************************************





Time now for some V*I*D*E*O*S !!!




Chris Toro recently posted this 80's Christmas classic by Run DMC ... Cheers, Chris! =




Speaking of Christmas, Alan Lynch posted this nice one from way back when called "Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis" by Tom Waits ... thanks, Al! =




This new Major Lazer video makes me think of Harmony Korine ... haha =




Some true psychedelia from Ty Segall =




Here's the one and only Billy Childish (musician, poet, philoshopher) discussing his practice =








Would you like some smile-inducing dessert ???




Haha ... Sarah Harrell posted this next one ... it's Miranda July as Colin Self as Joanna Newsom singing Peach, Plum, Pear ... danke, Sarah! =




Chris Stewart recently posted this blissful one from Professor Soap ... gracias! =




And lastly, here's some vintage Dean and Company lo fi Xmas insanity to get you in the mood! =















No comments:

Post a Comment