Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Surviving The Summer Mix




I must admit ...I'm not the biggest fan of the sunny season, but this year I have been making a concerted effort to enjoy these brutally hot days by swimming as often as I can, eating plenty of delicious summer food (corn on the cob, ice cold watermelon and peaches, popsicles, baked beans, etc) and making mixtapes like this one!

I find that this mix sounds (and feels) more appropriate whilst driving with all the windows down (possibly on a road trip to the beach!) ... It contains many brand new songs by some of my favorite musicians, along with some very entertaining summertime "classics".

as always ...ENJOY!







You may download the mixtape RIGHT HERE.






 **********************************************************************************************







>>>>RANDOM NEWS<<<<<






Attention, Mobile Alabama! I will be exhibiting my "Silent Majority" painting show at Wellborn Ideas in the beautiful downtown area (near the cathedral)!!! The opening will be THIS Friday (the 13th!) from 6pm - 10pm and it will take place during the city's monthly Art Walk ... so if yer a Mobilian, come out and see me!!!







Hey look ... a whole bunch of cool interviews!




Well, Peter and I went and saw Wes Anderson's amazing new movie, "Moonrise Kingdom" and it was fantastic! HERE is a great interview with Mr. Anderson.


He also cleverly made different musical playlists for some of the movie's characters.
Check em out HERE.


You can view the film's trailer  below










Speaking of interviews, HERE is an excellent one with one of my favorite bands, Tame Impala, who have a new album (called "Lonerism") very soon!!!





Also, one of my all-time favorite singers, Elizabeth Fraser (who used to be the angelic singer for Cocteau Twins) is finally going to break her many-year silence and perform at this year's Meltdown Festival! HERE is an extremely illuminating interview with the songbird herself.







 **********************************************************************************************









 >>>>>>>VIDEOS ARE NOW<<<<<<<







Jeff The Brotherhood have a great new summery video out ... Dig it!






I can't get enough of this new Porcelain Raft song lately ...






Yikes!
The new Mum video finds them repeatedly spitting out their teeth!




I am eager for a new Ducktails album to emerge, but until then here is a video of theirs from 2011



Peter sent me this veery creeeepy video from a while back by the Basement Jaxx ...
Thanks, brother!



Here's a new and very white Zola Jesus for Ryan, cuz he loves her so



Wow. A new Blur song? I thought they were finished!
Here here!




Here's a very sad Radiohead/Jude Law public service announcement




And to lighten the mood, I decided to post this 80's dance classic









>>>Time to let loose and laugh with some Dessert!<<<









1st up, Justin Gaar posted this brilliant video entitled
 "A Conversation With My 12 Year Old Self" ...
thanks, Justin!




Chris Stewart sent me this hilarious standup comedy thingy by
the late Andy Griffith (R.I.P.) ...
Cheers, Chris!



Elise (who I will see very soon in Mobile!) sent me this wonderfully funny animated bit called Dubstep Dispute ... Danke, E!




And finally, my niece Syndein sent Here Come The Mummies performing "Carol Of The Bells" just in time for Xmas in July! Enjoy! haha ... Merry Christmas, Syndein!




































No comments:

Post a Comment