Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Oncoming Storm Mix



This mixtape will be perfect for:

A. Watching lightning and hearing thunder
B. Knowing that rain is on its way
C. Preparing for a very important event
D. Driving in the rain
E. Viewing a storm on your porch like a movie


A good storm is something I dig. I also love that exciting electric feeling in the air when you know a storm is on its way.


Last week at Lowe Mill in Huntsville, AL where I was setting up my "Silent Majority" painting exhibit I noticed that they have this great view of the long, sprawling countryside leading up to a small cluster of mountains and hills. Dustin Timbrook told me that it is an awesome experience to see a thunderstorm (and sometimes tornadoes!) slowly approach the area ...I can imagine! (ironically, as I was typing this, a nice storm actually blew over and it's pouring rain outside my window right now!) ...


This mix serves as a sort of soundtrack to the simultaneous feelings of excitement and fear when a gargantuan storm is approaching.


As always, ENJOY!!!







You may download the mix HERE!







 **********************************************************************************************








>>>>And now ... some RANDOM NEWS <<<<<










1st up, as mentioned above, I will be showing my "Silent Majority" exhibit (for the 3rd time this year! Birmingham, Mobile and now Huntsville!) Friday, August 10th (which is also my lovely Mama's birthday!!!)  at Lowe Mill 2211 Seminole Drive Huntsville, Alabama 35805 ...


The Huntsville Times did an article about the show!
Read all about it RIGHT HERE!


The opening is THIS Friday from 6 - 8pm!
There'll be plenty of  food and drink,so if you're in the Huntsville area, drop by,
say "Hi" and dig some art!

Check out the latest episode of the Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment video newsletter, where Dustin Timbrook speaks about the opening!!! 
(Note: my cameo is at 1:21, BUT I'll be showing on the 1ST FLOOR, not the 3rd! haha) ...








It'll be an exciting weekend!


The very next day (Saturday, Aug. 11th), here in Birmingham my band Nowhere Squares (who are currently busy recording our new album, "Let's Not") will be playing along with some awesome great AL bands like Pine Hill Haints and Model Citizen at the High Five Fest at Bottletree!
Come out and let us rock you!!!



Here's a rad video promo for the festival





 In a bit of other music news,


Looky!
It's the 1st transmission of Animal Collective Radio, curated by Panda Bear!







And speaking of radio ...Hurrah!
Yet a new episode of the wonderful Ghost Box Radio Belbury!













 **********************************************************************************************









 >>>>>>>VIDEOS ARE NOW<<<<<<<








1st up, WOW. Tom Waits' "Hell Broke Luce"





Hey! It's something new from Grizzly Bear!

 



Roy Burns posted this next bit ... thanks!
 it's an interview and a trailer for a new documentary about the phenomenal artist Wayne White, probably best known for his amazing sets and puppets on "Pee Wee's Playhouse" ... HERE is the interview ... The documentary is called "Beauty Is Embarrassing"... check out the trailer:



Wow! Check out this amazing Feist/Mastdon interactive collaboration!




Something quite creepy and eerie by Miguel



And speaking of eerie, here's a great new Mount Eerie video!







>>>A Double Dose of Dessert!<<<





Haha! Bob English sent me this hilarious Chick Fil A video!
Gracias, Bob!




I have no idea how I chanced upon this next one, but it's pretty and it makes me laugh  ... for some bizarre reason (probably just to get more views), it's titled "Justin Bieber VOMITS during Knicks game HALF TIME!!!" haha


























No comments:

Post a Comment