Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Chris Stewart presents "Orange and Purple"



Chris Stewart reporting:


"This mix is filled to the brim with dusky grooves from several different countries including Turkey, Hungary, Germany, France, Italy, and Iran. It's my own musical tower of babble. I have no idea what most of these songs are about which allows me to hear the vocals as an instrument instead of a vessel for poetry and lyricism."


Here here! I am very much in agreement!

 The "multi-culturalness" is what I dig the most about this extremely excellent mixtape ... Surprises around every corner! And it's funny ... my ignorance of all the languages being sung somehow allows me to enjoy the mix's songs in a way I'd never be able to if I actually understood the lyrics.

That said, I could listen to this colorful one over and OVER!


Thanks again, Chris!!!










If you like, you  may download this most excellent mix RIGHT HERE.







**********************************************************************************************







>>>>random news is now!<<<<







1st up, check it out! Last week, my band Nowhere Squares were interviewed in AL.com!
You can read the article RIGHT HERE.





2ndly, god bless Dan Deacon! Listen how he accentuates just how truly annoying a song can be by repeating an acapella version of "Call Me Maybe" 147 times !Haha!







3rd, I love this.
Witness this "sign of the times" photographic series entitled simply "We Never Look Up".
 It's right HERE.








**********************************************************************************************








 >>>>>>>VIDEOS ARE NOW<<<<<<<







1. Enter a photogenic world of smoking young ladies in this awesome instrumental one
by Ryan Hemsworth



2. Something very dark and sinister from Eraas



3. Here's a video from Julian Lynch's amazing 2011 album "Terra". I'm posting it cuz I'm excited that he's gonna put out a new album this year called "Lines"! YES!



4. Blanche Blanche Blanche ... yes yes yes!



5. Speaking of repeating names, Elise sent this very trippy one by Everything Everything ...Thanky, E!



6. Speaking of trippy, dig this! It's Jon Spencer Blues Explosion (they'll be playing live at Bottletree THIS Saturday!)



7. Memory Tapes get all dark and mysterious on us.












>>>A triple dose of Dessert!!!<<<







Haha!!!
Elise posted this one ... It's a robot band playing Motorhead's "Ace Of Spades"!
Cheers, E!!!!!



Yikes! How embarrassing!
Watch this angry gun advocate lose his cool on live CNN ...



Finally, this isn't funny, but definitely smile-inducing ...
I give you ... Siberian ice drummers!!!


































No comments:

Post a Comment