Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Charlie's Falling Into Winter Mix


This mixtape will be perfect for:
A. sitting alone
B. shivering
C. reflection
D. acceptance

It was created for you by the amazing & talented Mr. Charlie Sanders and has an extremely "chill" vibe, in more than one way! After listening to it, half of it makes me think it'd be an exceptional "break up" mix and half of it makes me very relaxed and actually pretty happy that Winter is here ... and I'm not usually the biggest fan of this season, either ... I got extremely bogged-down last year around this time, as I recall ... I think a huge part of it had to do with having plastic over the windows to insulate the apartment ... something I didn't do this year because I realized that looking out of windows is very crucial to my happiness ...

Anyway, enough rambling! Onto Charlie's most excellent seasonal mix! You can download it RIGHT HERE. Thanks, Charlie!

*********************************

So appropriately enough, it snowed this week ... mostly on Thursday, but also a little over the weekend as well ... Appropriate, not only because we have the "Falling Into Winter" mix available now, but also because the "Edge Of Winter" group art show at Litebox Gallery in Pepper Place opened this past Saturday ... it was a COLD nite, too ... but not in the gallery! Tons of folks turned up, which made for a very crowded and very warm evening ... Pavo Magazine did a really nice review of the whole thing ... you can read it HERE.

Speaking of Winter, Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" has always reminded me of a cold, bleak & wintry night:


and speaking of videos, I found this new Animal Collective one:



and speaking of Animal Collective, I found this Taken By Trees cover version of their song "My Girls", which I included on the "How To Listen To Now 2009" mix:



I also chanced upon several videos this week that simply echo the words "pure gold" and "brilliant insanity" ... ENJOY!















These next two were sent to me by Andrew ... thanks, Andrew!


I saved the best for last ... haha!











No comments:

Post a Comment