Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Secret Fort Mix



This mixtape will be perfect for:

A. hiding
B. alone time
C. hibernation
D. delving head-first into any sort of project
E. getting lost in your own hide-out


It's all right HERE for the taking ... enjoy!

**************************************************
So again, this past week was just chock-full of commissioned paintings, which always makes me happy ... and speaking of happy, the weather has stayed reasonably warmer, so hooray!

Below is evidence of completed commission stuff and just how much of a wreck my studio space becomes when i am such a busy bee:




The weather has also been :

1. off & on rainy
2. really windy

Sunday the Bad News Bearons were gonna have a nice pick-up softball game, but alas it poured down all day long ... which was sad because I think most of us were planning on showing up

Oh yeah, one more thing ... a while back, the external hard drive that has all of my music on it (which is a LOT of music = 500 gigs worth) died ... fizzled out ... kaput ... it almost felt like a dear friend old friend had passed away ... thankfully though, I had everything backed up on DVDs ... LOTS & LOTS of DVDs ...

so recently I finally bought a new external hard drive and for the last 3 or 4 days I've been slowly but surely loading all of my music onto it, which has been a grueling process but does inevitably allow one to rediscover all sorts of great albums and artists that you'd long forgotten ... and today was that happy day when I found myself loading the last final DVD into this computer ... ah, the sense of fulfillment and accomplishment! and oh, the endless hours of music I now have to look forward to! Yipppeee!!!

**************************************************

Video-wise I have a pretty random collection of new stuff to show:

1st of all is this new one from Beach House, whose new album "Teen Dream" was released TODAY ... the video is pretty awful (& dull) if you ask me, but the song (along with the entire album) is nothing short of amazing:

Next is a really nice Halloweeny one by funk poet, Gil Scott-Heron ... my favorite part is when the cop car screeches to a deafening halt and startles the skater kids:


And last but certainly not least is the rather hilariously epic "Sesame Street meets bad acid trip" video for Dan Deacon's immortal "Woof Woof" song from last year's "Bromst" album:










No comments:

Post a Comment