Tuesday, January 5, 2010

How To Listen To Now 2009 Mix


Since 2005, at the end of every year I start compiling what I think was the best music of the year and then, at the start of the new year, I put all of these songs together on one CD and hand out copies to all of my friends ... I call these 'best of the year' mixes "How To Listen To Now" ... so this will be the 1st year I've made the mix available on a blog because I've only been doing this blog since February 2009 ...

of course, I'm gonna make some "hard copy" CD versions to give to everybody, but in case you don't run into me physically, HERE is the conveniently downloadable version! I'm pretty proud of the "playability" of this year's mix ... last year produced a ton of great sounds ... ENJOY!!!

****************************************

So I had a really great New Year's Eve, 1st watching Walker's band play at Rojo and then journeying down to Montevallo for a good fire & fireworks with the McGranns, Walker, Eva, Jess Marie and my brother Peter ... at midnight we opened all the windows and beat on pots & pans to scare away any evil spirits in the house! The next day, Jess Marie treated us all to delicious new year cuisine: sweet potatoes, black eyed peas, pumpkin cornbread and collard greens with cashews! Thanks, Jess!

After that, I spent my time readying 4 big paintings that will be part of a group show Saturday, Jan. 9th called Edge Of Winter at Litebox Gallery at the Pepper Place here in town ... I, along with Spencer and a couple of the other artists, help spackle the walls and paint, readying the gallery for the show ....


I delivered the paintings there yesterday ... it should be an interesting show with 14 different local artists participating ...

****************************************

Video-wise, I did something a little different this time ... Since I posted the 2009 "How To Listen To Now" mixtape on here, I went and found a video for each song on the compilation! So just scroll down past the New Years photos below and you can enjoy the video version of my mixtape! Happy New Year!!!










********************************************
"HOW TO LISTEN TO NOW 2009": the video version
(if the picture gets all chopped off, just click the video to see everything)

1 comment: