Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Brad L's Fly Mix


This mixtape was created for you by one of Bottletree's amazing and talented sound engineers, Mr. Brad Lightfoot ... I was curious as to why he called this rather superb mix "Fly" and here's what he had to say:

"This is all shit I listen to when I'm on airplanes, in the order that I like to listen to them. Most of them help me sleep or are nice background music for looking out the window."


So, whether yer actually on a plane or not, get ready to TAKE FLIGHT cuz it's a real, real good'un!


Thanks, Brad!!!


Speaking of travel, Brad posted (on twitter) this crazy-real surveillance footage video taken on a cruise ship during really heavy seas ... makes me not wanna go on a cruise ... like ever! haha

woah:






******************************************************************





First up in home front news, RYAN'S BACK from his tour with Three Happenin Guys and I'm (we're) soooo happy!!!







And in the "let it grow" project saga, I impulsively caved in and gave myself a moustache ... but everything ELSE continues to grow!





Here's my beloved Charley about to attack what is known as her "crunchy":

And ... she GOT IT!!! :






******************************************************************





In art news, Art Walk has finally come and gone ...


here's a bunch of the stuff I made for it drying on the front lawn:



And ... voila! Here's a bunch of stuff I made for it all set up at Jason Wallis' photography studio, ready to $ell :






There was even some DJ action going on in the same space ...


Here's Jason's son learning all the tricks of the trade very early:




DJ no. 2 was called DJ Love Deluxe and this was her debut performance ...Here's some video of her spinning away:







******************************************************************





HEY KIDS! It's that time again!

what time???

VIDEO TIME!!!!!!



I really dig this'un by Surfer Blood ... it cracks me up in a sort of Pavement way:












And this one by How To Dress Well just sort of rules:


Hey wow! It's Bear In Heaven on the "Don't Look Down" show!













This one by The Bug makes me kind of glad to live in a relatively small city:












Wow ... Elise sent me this whacko-great animated thingy that is actually pretty tough to describe ... ya just gotta see it (thanks again, Elise!!!) :





And finally, for dessert, my brother Peter is treating us to two very bizarre but very hilariously tasty video nuggets ... cheers, Peter!!!


A. (he really NAILED the lyrics!!!)



B. (this makes me laugh so much! I don't understand it at ALL!!!)



Okay okay ... I HAVE to add this one at the last minute cuz it makes me laugh just as hard as the last one does (I have sore ribs from softball practice, so this is killing me! haha) ... thanks, Bo Hughins!!! :















No comments:

Post a Comment